1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken heart

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Icegem, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Icegem

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My long term girlfriend broke up with me just under two weeks ago, we were together for just over two year, engaged and living with each other, out of the blue she told me that she needs to find herself and she doesn't no who or what she wants anymore. Two days before she broke up with me she told me I was her world and that she was so in love with me.
    Since the break up she has sent me a few texts asking how I am, or trying to arrange a day to pick up her things, also since we broke up she has gone out brought new clothes and a new car, posted how happy she is on media sites but hasn't taken down any of are photos together. She has told me she doesn't want to fix things because we got stuck in a rut. She is acting fine and happy and I feel like she has wiped me out of her life. Am heart broken and would do anything for her back. I feel like I don't no this girl anymore, her attitude has changed and she doesn't even sound like the girl I've been with for the past two years. I don't no if I should give her space or try and talk to her. Am so lost
    Have I lost my soul mate.

2. Icegem

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Also should point out I was her first girlfriend, and she took time out at the beginning of our relationship to work out if she wanted me, and came back after a week.

3. CameOutSwinging

How old are you guys, if you don't mind me asking?

4. Icegem

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am 33 she is 22

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2016 at 08:08 PM ----------

So I feel I should give you guys an update, this evening my ex came to pick up the rest of her bits (in her new car) she didn't seem happy but kept telling me she is, and that's she's fine and that she won't change her mind about us and the break up. She also told me that the main reasons we ended was because we were just like best friends and didn't do enough sexually. Find that hard to believe because she always said how happy we were so close and how she loved that she saw me as her best friend too.
    Anyway I kept calm, no tears and didn't beg for her back, I simply said what will be will be. That I loved her very much and miss her but understand why she feels the relationship didn't work out. She told me she wouldn't text me as she feels it doesn't help anything, but also said she will always be here for me, (an hour of leaving me she texted me asking if I was ok) She asked me if I wanted the engagement ring back as she wouldn't wear it, I said it was a gift and no I didn't. We spoke for a while about life,work etc and then I kissed her on the cheek and said bye. Am truly heart broken and can't believe it's been two weeks already, she has just about forgot about all we had and shared, deep down I get the feeling she is seeing someone else, as much as I don't want to think that, it's the only thing that makes sense. I feel she texts me asking how I am because she feels guilty, which ever way am hurting so bad that I have lost her.

5. A13Aflowers

I am sorry you are going through this heartbreak. I hope time heals some of the pain. She is a lot younger than you which I think says a lot about any person's readiness and maturity to commit. At 22 I ended a serious relationship and was also engaged. I felt I needed time to grow. I think you should try to move on and find someone who will treat you right always.