1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this creepy?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by xwhitelotusx, Mar 8, 2016.

1. xwhitelotusx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have fallen for my friend who I assume is straight. Today I was alone in the student lounge in college and I knew she was on break at the same time. I missed her, so I texted her, "Come here xP" Two minutes later, she replies calling my text creepy.

Does this sound like an odd text to you? I was simply trying to be friendly. I wasn't even flirting! Now I'm upset because I compliment her all the time, always ask how she's doing, hold the door open for her, tell her I'm there for her, etc.

Even though she apologized and seemed to feel guilty, I don't know what to make of this. I thought maybe she liked me back but now I'm sure she doesn't. My heart hurts. :frowning2:

I feel awful. Be honest, was the text I sent creepy or not?

2. UnsureOfAll

London? I guess. or Norwich... let's say Norwich.
    I can't judge as I don't know the usual relationship you two have. If she does like you it could have been a nervous blurt out of words. I've done stuff like that before and her behaviour sounds like what I usually do afterwards too. Don't get down about it. Just forget about it ok? :slight_smile:

3. Truna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Mm, if you guys are close I wouldn't find it creepy at all. Did she react with nervous laughter or did she just downright think it was creepy? You may have just been overthinking a small issue.
    If she was being serious in saying you were creepy, I'd think she either thinks you're clingy or she knows you're attracted to her and she's uncomfortable because she's straight.

Apologies for the bluntness; I hope this helps, and I hope things work out for you.

4. xwhitelotusx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks to both the people who replied :slight_smile: I appreciate it

Truna She called me creepy through iMessage and then went on to text about how she was annoyed with one of her classes. She sent three messages in a row. She never does that. The first called me creepy and the other two were about a class. I assume she realized what she said and sent two other messages to distract me from the one that called me creepy.

I doubt she finds me clingy. She tells me to contact her when I'm on break at the same time as her so we can meet up and when I don't, she asks why. Plus, she tries to meet up with me on her own whenever she can.

I think it may be that she's guessing I'm a lesbian and that makes her uncomfortable. This upsets me, because now I'm terrified to come out to her... and she was one of the first people I was planning to come out to :frowning2:

I am going to be careful around her now, I guess, and put some distance between us. At least for a while until she stops being creeped out by the fact I'm gay. It's just so frustrating... :frowning2: