1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am in love with my straight best friend...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by amysmith, Mar 8, 2016.

1. amysmith

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi there. For about a year or so, I have been questioning my sexuality. I am starting to believe that I may be a lesbian or at least bisexual. I am still a little uncomfortable with those conclusions. However, what I am sure of, is that I love my best friend more than a best friend.

She's beautiful, smart, and we compliment each other's personalities so well. Now, she has always said that she is straight and she is even sorta of seeing a guy right now, but I have always wondered. There have been times where I swear she is flirting with me and shows me so much love... although I suppose this could just be in a best friend sorta of way. On new years eve, we kissed each other because neither of us had significant others. We kissed other girls, too, but I was most excited about kissing her. For Valentine's day, I insisted we be each other's Valentine, and she was so into it. I got her chocolates and a rose and we just hung out for the night. A couple days later she went on a date with a guy and apparently they really hit it off. I can't get her out of my head and I just really wish we could be together without it being weird. She has never really been in a long term relationship with a guy or ever been emotionally connected to a guy. This and all of our history makes me suspect that maybe she could at least bisexual... but I don't know. I don't want to assume and I don't want to ruin out friendship. Is there anyone out there who would be willing to send some advice my way or help me out? Maybe you guys have had similar experiences? Thank you guys so, so much. <3 :slight_smile:

2. Truna

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey, if you guys have even kissed already I'd say go for it! It sounds like she's really comfortable with exploring her sexuality, even if she's straight. Nothing to lose, girl. Good luck. :slight_smile:

3. yuanzi

When I was 18 I had a huge crush on my then best friend (she's straight) and it did not turn out well. She had a boyfriend when I told her (funny that I didn't know about the boyfriend part) and she got really upset and broke off the friendship.

So to answer your question, if I were you, part of me would want to wait a little longer just to make sure. However, another part of me would want to get it over with, i.e. either writing a letter or telling the friend face to face; because if I have strong feelings for a good friend and the feelings are not mutual, it's extremely hard for me to remain close friends with them especially once they start dating other people (I'd turn green with jealousy :slight_smile: ).