1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange sleepover

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cookielower, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Cookielower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This will be a long read, sorry for that, but really hope someone would take the time to read it and give me some advice or help.

Well something strange happend between me and one of my bestfriends when we were sharing a bed at a weekend trip at our cabbine. We were 6 friends, and two of us had to share a King size bed. Since me and my friend were so close, we ended up taking the King size bed. We had to share the bed for two nights. I am a closed gay, and not out to anyone, not even him. But I didn't consider it a problem as I have always thought of him as straight.

The first night went well, and not much remarkable happend. I pushed myself closer to him a few times during the night, resulting in him pushing me away two times. The next morning he commented how close I had been, said that he had tried to push me away. I told him I were sorry, and said that I probably had done it in my sleep not knowing. And I asked if it bugged him, and he just said "I can't blame you for having strange sleeping habbits", and he told me we were just fine.

Before we got to sleep the next night, I remember the previous night and made a joke about how I might be gay because of the last night, just to see his reaction. He just shook his head, and it seemed like he thought I were joking about being gay. He didn't comment it any futher, and we just continued our regular chit-chat before we finally fall asleep. This night I did my best to not getting to close, as I didn't want to make my best friend uncomfortable, as he were obvious straight. When I had almost fallen asleep I noticed that he suddenly shifted in his sleep, and before I knew it he had moved himself closer to me so his shoulder touched mine. The room were pretty warm, so the both of us just had bedsheets from the waist down, with bare upperbody. I didn't mind him being close, so I just continued to try falling asleep. But I got much more suprised when he rolled over so he could rest on my bare chest, with all his bodyweight pressed against me. We laid like that for a long time, and after some time I finally started to drift off to sleep. But as fast as I had started to fall asleep I started to hear moaning noises coming from him, and well can't lie that it really turned me on, having him resting on my bare upperbody making those noises. I had faked being asleep the whole time, and had no idea if he were awake or fake sleeping aswell. But I decided to take a risk, reaching for his lower parts to see if he were turned on as well. Unfortunally his bedsheet blocked everything from his belly and down, so I tried to steal some of his bedsheet (while fake sleeping). That backfired, and ended up in him trying to take my bedsheet, and before I knew it we had both swapped bedsheets. To freaked about what had just happend I held my distance for the rest of the night, and he did as well. The next morning were pretty awkward (or at least for me). He didn't make any comments of the nights happenings, but he did comment that I had tried to steal his bedsheet. I excused myself again, but he assured me it was fine because I had "strange sleeping habbits".

I told him later that day that I were extremely sorry for my night habbits, and that I understood if he wanted to hate me for it. Which he replied that I were overreacting and that he couldn't hate me for something silly like that. Personally I felt that the whole day were pretty tense, but it might be just me, as he complained about being tired because we had been up to 3-4 AM each night.

The next week we were back to normal, and he seemed really happy and joyful, so I guess it didn't damage our good relationship in any way. But we were talking about maybe having a new trip to our cabbine in the summer, and to my suprise he suggested that we shared the bed next time we were on our cabbine. "You know that would mean that I probably will end up snuggling in my sleep. Doesn't that bothering you?" "Not really" he replied, which just confused me futher.

So what should I think about all this? We usually are close and touchy with each other, but I have always assumed that it were just him being very comfortable around me. Now I am not sure about his orientation, because it seems like he didn't mind sleeping close with me.....

Any thought? And just ask if I forgot some kind of important information.

Thanks

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

I guess it comes down to whether or not you think he was asleep the second night when he ended up right next to you.
    Were all 6 of you in the same room to sleep or were you apart?

3. Cookielower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well he must have been awake at some point since he commented on me taking his bedsheet. But he also were zombie like (like when you doesn't get much/enough sleep) the next morning so I kind of suspect he were awake long way before I even took his bedsheet. But of course I can't tell for sure. But I know he must have been awake at some point.

Yes we all slept in the same room, but we were in one of the courners in the room. So I don't think anyone of the others could have noticed what happend between us.

But I can add some information if that helps:
    - He was very shy about showing his body. Like, he stripped down to his boxers under the bedsheets. I don't know if he were embaressed because of me or the others. He has always been a shy guy, but it was almost like he felt unconcious about his body. But still he cuddled up to me the second night.
    - I have a feeling that he wouldn't be so shy if it were just the two of us.
    - If he actually aren't as straight as I first thought, would it then make sense that he might tried to avoid or cover up any signs of being bi or gay because there were others in the room?

#3 Cookielower, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  4. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

There does seem to be a development in how he reacted towards you when sharing the bed between the two nights. Being more comfortable the second night (perhaps only natural) but, from what you say, it seems that he feels very comfortable with you and maybe can be more himself around you.
    This is just my point of view and may be wrong, but I'd say he might be bi or gay, though of course you'll need a bit more evidence to know for sure.

#4 Connorcode, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2016
  5. Cookielower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Agree, I think he is much more relaxed and comfortable when he are around me. Usually when we are in bigger groups he can get a little bit shy, but when I'm with him one-to-one he are so much more at ease and talks alot more. Many times when we are out with others he just ends up looking at me and smiling, instead of talking to me like he would when we are alone.

Don't know if that fits well with what you've thought so far. But it might give you an idea of why I call him shy.

6. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

That fits in well, actually. I'll ask one question before I continue, if that's okay.

Are they normally your friends your out with when he just looks and smiles at you or are they his friends?

#6 Connorcode, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2016
  7. Cookielower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    We are normalt out with mutual friends. Not often we hang around friends that are just mine, but if that happens (not very often at all, as we almost has only mutual friends) he gets often more quiet then usual.

#7 Cookielower, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  8. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

Seems to me that he's closer to you than to other friends, so even if he isn't bi or gay, he enjoys your company and feels comfortable around you.

9. Cookielower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes, only thing thats bugs me a little, he suggested we share bed next time we visit our cabbine. So he kind of give me the idea/impression that he kind of liked or even enjoyed sleeping next to me. So lets say something similar happenes again, is it then wrong of me to act on it? Would it be wrong of me to cuddle up to him if we end up sharing a bed again? Or should I let him make the first move (if he do)?

#9 Cookielower, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  10. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

When the next time comes around, try something small first like touching him and if he seems fine, maybe go further. If he makes the first move, even better. But always rmember to make sure you're not violating his privacy or something like that.

11. MaximusMike

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not that it is any real indication of whether or not he likes guys, but does he ever talk about girls; if they're hot, if he's into any of them?

12. Cookielower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Never heard him talk about girls in that way. But then again girls never use to be a topic between us....