1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When love goes unrequited....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jerad1234, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Jerad1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I live in a small town. I met a boy online, and I took him on a date. I had a great time. He was easy to talk to. Smart and sexy as hell. He basically told me that he likes me, but he isn't ready to have a relationship. I've never ever had a second date in my life. And, I really thought we clicked. I'm uber bummed. How does one get over that heartbreak? Will I forever encounter men who are sex only or otherwise emotionally unprepared for a relationship? I'm just realizing how much I really want a boyfriend, and I can't help but think it just won't happen.

#1 Jerad1234, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  2. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have wondered the exact same thing about myself! Truth is, meeting people online who aren't just looking for sex is really, really difficult. I'm not sure where you met him, but I think joining a dating site where you actually have to pay would increase your chances of finding a guy that is looking for something more. Dating apps are a lot more difficult. I'm not sure how old you are, but if you're younger, it may just be that a lot of guys aren't ready to settle down yet. I'm 20, and I've encountered the same problem with girls.
    Again, I don't know what your situation is, but living in a city with a strong gay community also makes things much easier!
    But regardless of your situation, you WILL find someone. As much as we'd like to, we can't control other people or even understand where they're coming from most of the time. But you'll find someone who will want to be with you, long term.
    And if there's one thing I've learned, no matter how strong the heartbreak is, you WILL get through it, with time. You're strong, and you can do it.

3. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Better not be dating than be dating someone emotionally unstable. I'm living a situation where I'm having to deal with my own instability, despite loving my boyfriend or ex-boyfriend .. I believe both of us would be better without dating each other.

#3 Gleeko0, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016