1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom just makes me want to facepalm

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Vav, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Vav

Vav Guest

Today I got hit on by this guy. He was a bit awkward and he seemed like a cool guy. He wasn't a creepy douche bag at all. I also wasn't attracted to him. I told my mom about this. She said that he seemed like a good match for me.

I told her that I'm not really into guys and not attracted to him. She told me that I'm into people and not guys or girls. That made me pretty annoyed. She also says that no one feels attracted to people the first time they meet someone. It's like she expects me to get to know guys and eventually like them.

I wouldn't mind falling for a guy. I'm just not into idea of being with a guy. I'm not even attracted to most girls I meet. I've been trying to embrace the feeling of not being into someone. When I was young I always tried to force feelings for guys.

When I came to terms with possibly being gay I tried to force feelings for girls. Now I'm trying to avoid both of those things. Now I get why I'm forcing feelings. People expect me to be attracted to all guys I connect with. :bang::bang::bang:

2. demigodjay

You don't need to force feelings for anyone. When your mom says that you're into people, does she mean that it's okay that you're gay, or is she trying to convince herself that you're going to have a husband someday? You need to show her that you trust her by telling her your feelings, and in turn she might trust you back. Sit back, relax, and wait for the person you have feelings for.

3. Vav

Vav Guest

It's her way of telling me to be more open minded about guys. She doesn't mind that I'm into girls, but she's still really pushing me to be with guys.