1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom/dad???

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by demigodjay, Mar 9, 2016.

1. demigodjay

I don't exactly know if my parents are supportive. That sounds sort of weird, but its true. When I told my mom, I said that I want to get a binder and see a gender therapist. It's been two months. We've talked about it every so often. She says she's trying to find a good counselor with viable credentials, but it's taking so long! I picture myself in the future having already come out, and being happy, but I feel like that's a long way away. :bang:
    When she looked into binding, she said that she saw that it can permanently deform your chest. She wants to make sure it's the right thing to do. IDK if she understands that what I'm going through hasn't just started.

My dad, well I don't know. When I first told him he said that I need to be talking to someone instead of keeping it all in. I thought, well that's a good sign. But when I asked him if I could wear a tie to my cousin's bat mitzvah, he said "a man's tie???" It didn't feel great.

TL;DR My dad is iffy in supportiveness and it seems like my mom isn't making much of an effort.