1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are crushes so stressful?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by danobi, Mar 11, 2016.

1. danobi

Its been a while since I posted on here, so let me get the pleasantries out of the way.
    Hi! How have you been? You're family good? Love life great? Good if its good. Sorry If its bad.

Anyway, to the point. Necessary info: I'm "inexperienced", I'm not out, I'm in university and I fall in love way too easy.

So, I'm doing my first year in university, and I'm living away from home. Not being out (for various reasons) and having not the highest self esteem. I have had trouble dating, and by that I mean I don't. But I keep on falling for guys and getting stuck at a point where my shyness and fear of misreading "signs" causes me not to act on what sometimes I see as obvious signs of interest/attraction. I have some old posts depicting my interaction with a guy I really liked. We still talk but hes straight and were in different cities. But that's besides the point.

On to the current situation, as usual there is a guy and I like him, hes in some of my classes, lives on the same campus as me and I see him pretty much everyday. Yet I've only spoke to him once and I introduced myself, and since then I can't bring myself to speak to him again. I don't know why! How do I start conversation? How do I find out if he's really interested or if I'm just misreading things... again. This is really annoying and stressful I kind of just want to give up on it, but I see the guy nearly every day. It's difficult. Also he's cute lol.

I feel like its a million time more complicated trying to keep it quiet or because I don't want people finding out about my sexual orientation as I'm not so sure myself.

So i'll take any advice really. Stories about how you've got into past relationships. How you know when someone likes you. Anything.

Obrigado, ありがとう, Gracias, Merci, Thanks:bang:.

2. StripedSweater

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well you can start by explaining some of the interactions you've had. Like the first time you spoke to him, or if you've ever made eye contact across a room.

3. danobi

We make eye contact a lot. I catch him looking at me, and vice versa. He'll come sit close enough to me to be in sight, but not too close. Idk, he always sits awkwardly close but not close enough :bang:. He sat next to me once when I was outside and I was waiting for him to say something and 15 mins of silence later I introduced myself to him as he was about to leave, it was short but he smiled. Since then I feel to awkward to say anything, I dont wanna seem to persistent or overeager cause I'm not sure he feels anyway about me.

4. danobi

5. Innsanchez

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    crushes are indeed stressful, besides from giving you sleepless night thinking how and in what way you can tell them your feelings, crushes also gives you confusion about signals that often vague.

6. confusedbubble

I find crushes are usually built out of friendship and the stress of telling that friend you have feelings for them is hard, you risk not only rejection but a possible lost friendship which causes you more stress then there's trying to read the signals.
    I've lost 2 friendships because of this over the years and haven't spoken to my last crush in over a year now, I've seen her and it hurts so now staying in all the time so it doesn't happen again. I've also refused to give my phone number out to new friends for fear it will happen again (because the last crush we started messaging via the phone).... I hate it

#6 confusedbubble, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  7. danobi

Im good at making friends, people flock to me because I guess im interesting?? Idk. So its hard for me to read whether someone is attracted or just interested in my personality. But this guy doesnt seem like that. Usually id just become friends and see where it goes from there, but that NEVER works. I wanna approach this differently but i dont know how. Im tired of making friends with my crushes and ending up guiding them through relationship problems id rather be having with them. lol Its whatever though.