1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he gay, and does he like me?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Joesus, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Joesus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I need some help to figure out if one of my classmates likes me. I'm 15, and my mate and i have had some, i don't know what to call them, 'moments'. Firstly: We've had prolonged eye contact, and sometimes he touches me and even strokes my hand before pulling away and laughing about it. Secondly, he keeps saying my hand is close to his dick when it obviously isn't. Thirdly, While he was sitting opposite me in class, he put his foot on my crotch and sorta fumbled with it, and then laughed it off. Lastly, he stuck his finger in my ass (through shorts) while we were walking, (as a joke, maybe) and whispered in my ear, 'did you like that?'. i didn't respond and then he said: 'Just kidding haha'.
    i don't really know what to think, is he gay or nah? Thanks

Also i was alone with him today and tried to test the waters a bit, and he didn't respond badly, but he didn't really notice or anything.

Also: i haven't come out yet, so i don't really wanna make a move on him until i know for sure.

#1 Joesus, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  2. Miri

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Seems to me he's definitely at least curious. Can't say for sure if he's out to himself yet, but whether or not he realizes or admits it, the underlying attractions are definitely there. As to whether he likes you in particular, it's hard to say: he might just be using you as a test subject, an outlet for unfulfilled desires; he might be gravitating, perhaps unconsciously, toward you on subtle cues that suggest to him you'd be open to this kind of experimentation (in your case, it seems, rightly so). He might not recognize any of this yet as a form of sexuality, or he might be in denial. I'd advise you to take it slowly and gently and probe around a bit. Ask him the usual (his opinions on gay rights, his ideal types, his crushes, what would he think if a hot guy kissed him?) and move on from there. Good luck!

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that he is definitely gay, but it seems like he is exploring his sexuality with you and around you and trying to pass it off as a joke. The fact that you are not apparently bothered or phased by it is probably encouraging to him.

Can you say anymore about this? What exactly do you mean by "testing the waters"? What did you say or do? If you can tell us more it may help us to advise you better.