1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate going to a religious school

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kenzi18, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Kenzi18

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sorry for complaining, but I need somewhere to vent.

We have mandatory religious classes every day, plus a chapel four times a week. On the one day that we don't have chapel, we have bible study in one of our classes. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't teach so much hate. In Romans class we have to memorize all of the words that Paul used to describe homosexuals (unnatural, perverted, shameful, foolish) . That means that our teacher literally tests us on vocabulary that demeans a whole group of people.

and it's not only the teachers or classes, it's 99% of the student population. Everyone is so casually homophobic that I can't even dream of coming out. It just sucks that the friends I've grown up with since preschool would never accept me and think that LGBT people are going to hell. I hate having to pretend to have crushes on the boys in my grade or making up celebrity crushes just to try and pretend that I'm straight when I know I'm the complete opposite.

I hate lying to everyone- my friends, family, even my teachers/pastors. I just wish I could tell them the truth. I just don't want to be alone anymore.

2. RainbowBoyMom

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    As a parent, I know I hate having my boys in public school, I wish my boys' so called dad would pay support, so they could go to a private school. The schools here are good, but I'd rather have them being taught in a better environment. Connor tells me that it is like a day care (we are in a suburban school yet it is about 45% minority.), because some don't care to learn.

I believe that is why your parents sent you to a private school. Ask them if you can go to a non-religious private school.

3. TraceElement

Would asking to go to public school be an option?

4. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm actually surprised to learn that other areas of the US are that bad, I figured you would escape it all once you left the "Bible belt" but I've unfortunately never seen the outside. It sounds nearly as bad there as it is here, and you can't go down any highway without counting at least ten "Jesus hates X people" billboards.