1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I was Totally Flirting (First Time) and I think he flirted back!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ram90, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *TL;DR version at bottom in "Quotes"*

Hi there!

For those of you who know me and have spoken to me before, you know all about me and my sexuality. For those of you who are like, 'Who the heck is this guy?' Well :slight_smile:p) I'm Phoenix77 and I'm a 26 year old virgin from Southern India, who is out to only one online friend, closeted from Family and Friends and terrified of coming out to society in today's dangerous times in India.

So I was at a fancy, swanky, 5 star hotel for dinner. My new brother-in-law (married to my sister for a little over a year) landed in town for a family emergency. His parents were kind enough to let him come out with us and my dad decided to take us all out to dinner.

We (My Father, Mother, Brother-in-Law and Brother-in-Law's Aunt) were at the restaurant and we were having a good time. I decided to go up to the Live-Pasta Counter and order one for myself. I saw the chef in charge there (dunno what you call the guy who is right smack in the space in-between the buffet counters manning the station) and he was this cute guy in his early 30s. I was just standing there staring at the Pasta Menu and catching looks at him too. He was busy attending to this Nice American Gentleman in his 50s and making him laugh (while explaining what all the Indian dishes were). I was like admiring him all over :slight_smile:p) and then he finishes with the gentleman and turns to me.

I had this deer in the headlights look, as I rarely talk to people who I think are cute (self-esteem issues) and generally admire people (crush on them) from afar. So I was like "uh...uh..." and he smiled (I melted) and asked what I wanted.

The conversation went like this

Me: I want to order some Pasta please.
    Hot Chef: Sure. What would you like? (smiles)
    Me: I would like a White Pasta...
    Hot Chef: A What?
    Me: Oh.. (blushes)....sorry. A Wheat Penne Pasta with Pesto Sauce
    Hot Chef: Oh. That's a good choice.
    Me:...Oh...Really. Thanks (blushes)
    Hot Chef: What would you like with....
    Me: VEGETARIAN PLEASE! (Cringes)
    Hot Chef:....that.
    Me: .....
    Hot Chef: (Laughes) Everything is vegetarian here.
    Me: (smiling stupidly looking at him laugh)
    Hot Chef: The live pasta counter is a vegetarian one
    Me: (Me recovering from my staring stupor) Oh. Ha ha. I thought it had both since the counter is right behind the Non-Vegetarian Salad Counter. (smile)

At this point I was almost hyperventilating. I have a habit of correcting people instantaneously and catching their mistakes without thinking twice. So I was like "shit!"

Hot Chef: (smiles) Oh! (bends over the counter and sees the non-vegetarian salad counter) That's True! (smiles and facepalms) Thanks for pointing that out! (winks)
    Me: *Did he wink at me? He did wink at me!* (Weak in the knees) Yeah. Well I like to point things out. Heh heh
    Hot Chef: So would you like all the vegetables?
    Me: No mushrooms please!
    Hot Chef: Gotcha. One Wheat Penne Pasta with Pesto Minus Mushrooms coming up. Where's your table?
    Me: (I look back and point at my table which is 20 feet away) That one. Table 33.
    Hot Chef: Ok then. (smile) Have a seat, I'll send it across shortly.
    Me: Please Do. I'll be waiting (Eyes widen at what I say and I smile weirdly and dash off to get some Noodles, far away from him)

I get the pasta after 10 minutes. I realize I can see him in the glass reflection across from where I'm sitting (with my back to him) and I see him cooking my pasta.

My pasta is pesto with veggies and I'm like, It's Green! My pasta's Green! and Garlickly! WTF did I order! But I eat the whole thing and then go upto him

Me: Delicious!
    Hot Chef: Um...Sorry. What? (Eyes Widen)
    Me: Oh! Sorry. The Pasta. It was delicious. Really nice. Thank you
    Hot Chef: Oh that. No problem. (100 Watt Smile) My pleasure. Glad you enjoyed it.

I smile at him and float away to the dessert bar.

So this was what happened. I've never openly flirted with anyone, especially with my family a short distance away. This was exciting and I was feeling like I was floating in the air lol.

So what do you guys think? I know it seems like a cheap romance novel lol, the way I wrote it, but it actually happened. Do you think he was flirting? I know chefs from posh hotels are trained to be nice to customers, but I felt like he was extra nice :wink:.

#1 Ram90, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  2. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Phoenix!

After reading your post I believe that the chef was flirting with you. The way you put it, your blushing and staring stupors would have made it pretty obvious to the chef that you're kinda hitting on him. I think all that and the "deer in the headlight" look would have been difficult to miss.
    Also he winked. Oh wait, he winked *squeal*!
    That is enough to tell that he was flirting too :wink:

3. katey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with mychemromance99, from what you've said anyone would know that you were flirting, and yes, the waiters and chefs are meant to be nice to customers so that the customers buy more or something but he winked, and joked with you soooo :wink: