1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend might like me....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by takeanotherstep, Mar 15, 2016.

1. takeanotherstep

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've been dealing with feelings from my friend for a few years... and he's recently done a few things that make me slightly question his sexuality.
    These are a few of the things I've noticed from him over the past few years.
    1. He flirts with me a bit and is a bit awkward...
      He flirts in strange ways. Last year I sat near him in one of my classes and he kept staring at me (a bit weirdly...)
      He does this weird thing where he acts like a gay person, where he starts to say many things that very straight guys normally wouldn't say... for example he recently texted me a sex joke involving me :icon_redf
    2. He has slightly admitted that he likes me... but not to my face
      This is the weirdest and most blatant thing he's probably done...
      My friends and I use a secret sharing app, and you can join a special part of the app that only sends secrets to people in your school. He has kind of admitted twice that he likes me and wants to date me.
      We used the app together with other friends to play around and I saw the random username he made.
      Using the same username, it is very likely that he posted a post basically saying that he loves me, and more recently under a different username (but similar sounding to a phrase he frequently says) that he would date me if given the chance.
    3. He's begun to talk to me more
      It's weird, but he likes to talk to me. Before classes begin, he likes to chat me up about things we've been doing and asks questions about me. What's even weirder is that his other friends don't join us when they see us in the hallway.
      My theory is that he's told others about his feelings and they leave him alone to flirt more.
    One big thing that happened last year was that I questioned his sexuality publicly, but it didn't go well.
    Basically, I thought I heard one of his friends saying that he is gay, so I straight up went and said to him something along the lines of "I accept you the way that you are...etc". Turns out that I incredibly misheard the friend and he denied the fact that he's gay, which led to him telling everyone we knew and embarrassing me for a few weeks.

So here's the thing....
    I really like him and want to take greater steps towards possibly dating him, but how do I achieve such a thing?
    I'm afraid to really come out to him or in public because it will likely cause a scene and socially alienate me among some people or completely out me, but I think I may have to in order to develop this further.
    Should I confront him about some of the things I suspect? :help: