1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need your support. Need to get away from a friend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kevnes, Mar 15, 2016.

1. kevnes

kevnes Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Hello,

Writing this with a very very sad heart, wanted to share things in my life with you guys. I am a successful guy with a good degree and a good job. I'm not that good-looking and faced a lot of rejections in the past with girls.

Moved away from family and friends after breaking up with my ex girl friend whom I loved for two years to a new state for a new job / exciting opportunity / forget her. It has been three years since then and now I realize how much better my life could have been hadn't I taken the decision then.

Six months after i relocated, I met this one guy who is a very nice guy with a good heart. Very well behaved and innocent. He had some issues with his girl friend who was indecisive and I helped him come out of that relationship and supported him morally. We became real good friends and still we hang out a lot.

We have connected emotionally and we literally hangout everyday for about four to five hours outside work. One night during a sleepover, things got out of control and we did it. It wasn't intentional and he proposed it first. I initially rejected but since it was a long time that I got out of my previous relationship, I surrendered. We were a little uncomfortable after that but did it a couple of times after that.

Everything was looking great. No one knows about it and we are very happy with life. Neither of us wanted to settle down like this. I want to find a girl and eventually get married and have kids. He wants to do the same as well. Now, I helped him find a nice girl and they went on a couple of dates. I think this will work for him and I am really happy for him that he is going to settle down in life.

Though I feel so happy for him, I feel so lonely all of a sudden because I am so much used to hanging out with him all the time and doing everything with him. From brushing teeth to doing laundry. Now I feel that I am left out and I am feeling extremely sad. I am very happy for him but at the same time I don't want to get close to him anymore because he is with someone now. And I don't want to cause a tension or any kind of rift in his life. He is one hell of a great bud to me and I am ready to sacrifice anything in my life for his happiness.

We had an emotional breakdown last night both of us and we want to be friends and still hangout all the time. But I am not sure how that works. I think I am so attached to him and he will always have a part of me with him. At the same time I want him to get married, have kids and settle down in life. How do I deal with this?

If I look for another job and move out, he will be heartbroken. I am his best friend and I am the only one who is very close to him and i don't want to leave him and move away. Him and I both would be devastated without talking to each other. I still want to be friends with him but at the same time I don't want to have feelings for him.

I am looking for your advice. Please give me your inputs.Thank you.

2. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmm this is tough. First, I want to say that I'm sorry you're going through all of this, both of you.

Is the thing with this girl really serious? It sounds to me like he is in the process of discovering things about his sexuality, and trying to go out with a girl right now seems like it might just be an attempt to cover up "the problem" so he doesn't have to deal with his feelings.

You are the one I am most concerned about, however. Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you that it is extremely emotionally draining to be around someone you deeply care for, knowing that you can't have them. The thought of not having this person in your life is devastating, but the feelings you have for him are probably not going to go away. And you need to look out for yourself too.

I don't think there is a solution here that results in you being completely happy. You move out and miss him terribly, or you stay and although you see him and hang out with him, that emotional connection you crave with him is just out of reach.

To me, it looks like both of you need to explore your sexuality and be open to the idea of a future that looks different than the one you imagined for yourself. But if this is something you do not want to do, and you want to marry a woman and have children, the best thing to do is move on.

I think you really need to take the time to figure what you want out for yourself, and from there you can make a decision on where you want to go with this.

Best wishes