1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm In Love With A Girl In My Grade Help.....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by HeadPhoneUser, Mar 16, 2016.

1. HeadPhoneUser

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Well I feel pretty depressed have a few reasons. I'm just going to list the problems /issues I have to express. About a girl I like in my grade. And comment if you can help me.

1.I'm Afraid to talk to her/she makes me so nervous and I don't know why.
    2.She's a Christian .
    3.She's way more social then me I'm scared of being uncool/left out.
    4.Her friends a hotter than me girls/guys.
    5.I think she has a boyfriend....

Were both very young 8th graders
    So yeah I don't know if I can show her how much I like her or even talk to her.
    I just really need some advice on what I can do so I can be noticed also how to
    be not nervous around her.:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. CluelessOne

Ok I'm going to preface this by saying that I'm aware that you aren't 9 years old but my anecdote is about a 9 year old.

I'm a cub scouts leader (9-11 year olds) and recently one of our girls refused to take pert in any of the activities, obviously I was concerned so I go to talk to her and I discover that her boyfriend had left her for her best friend so now she wasn't taking part in anything.

"What does this have to do with me?" I hear you ask.

I'm speaking of emotional maturity, a lot of people go through stages of development where they develop how they react to certain situations and setbacks. In the case of my 9 year old, I don't believe any of the parties involved really had the emotional maturity to be in a relationship. In your case from what's been described you acknowledge that you're both quite young and you have these reasons for not talking to her. I want to make sure we're focusing on what you can do rather than what you can't do so here's a list of things you can do:

1. You can assess and have assessed the situation.
    2. You can always talk to her but you have reasons not to.
    3. You can stick by your reasoning not to or you can push past them.
    4. You can take your time.

As you're in year 8 I'm assuming you're new at the school and are finding your feet. When you make a decision you need to make sure that you're aware of as much information as possible, it's why people ask questions.
    My best advice is to take your time. I'm not saying you're incapable of making a decision and I'm not saying that you're out of touch with yourself, you're way ahead of me in many aspects in that regard.

Overall, be yourself and if you want to go for it then the worst thing that can happen is a "no" (I'm not making light of bullying here but I'm going to take a stab and say your school, like mine is at least 500+ people. Not everyone in the 500+ people can bully you at once, even if it can feel like that at times) and you have this forum for support no matter what happens. If I were in your situation I would hold off for a bit but I'm not you so go blaze your own trail however different that may be.

Take care and keep us posted :slight_smile: