1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The worse thing a straight friend could ask...!!!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by KarenLyn, Mar 16, 2016.

1. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so I just came out to... well, everyone in the past week. Then started the text messages saying things like.. "cool, I had an idea you were, I'm okay with that and a few whatever floats your boat" but what I didn't expect was one of my straight girlfriends from school asking me.... "Um... if I was gay would you date me?" I'm screwed if I answer either way... I just told her that since you're not and no matter what I say could be taken wrong... let's not go there. Luckily she just laughed and said something like "I was just curious." Has this ever happened to anyone else? How did you handle that? That was scary LOL

2. Seagypsy

Hey she might not be as straight as she says, she might be secretly hoping you would date her? :slight_smile:

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would tell them that they should assume the worse option and act accordingly.

4. guitar

I would just say "well you're not gay, and since we're friends I refuse to answer the question."

I've had straight male friends ask me if they're "hot." I always refuse to answer the question. Like you say, it's a no-win.

5. robclem21

I'm always just honest in situations like that. They asked the question so I just assume they should be able to handle the answer. Clearly they are comfortable or they wouldn't have asked. If you say no, there are a million reasons why - "we are good friends", etc., If you say yes, then they will probably just be flattered. I doubt they would trap you into a spot where it would ruin your friendship. Especially if she was joking about it and laughing after.

6. atomic dorito

I'd like to think she secretly wants to date you, but most likely she just wants to know if a woman would want her too, granted, she might just be a curious lady, either way, I think you did the right thing. good job!

7. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys... I was just stunned when she asked and I'm like...uh....uh.... lol. I appreciate that! She is cute but... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Straight friends have asked me that before haha. Its funny, cause most answers are no :O