1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate being gay

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Nobo, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Nobo

It just sucks trying to find relationships as a gay guy because there's always the fear that he might not be gay or that the person you ask will out you if they're not gay it's just so much harder to be gay than streight

2. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is harder, that's true. It definitely feels unfair that being gay means that you have to work so much harder for things that others take for granted. Meeting a partner, negotiating relationships, starting a family, the list goes on.
    It's the same for all of us, although for some the consequences can be a lot worse than others but do I hate being gay? No.
    Why? Because the harder you have to work for something in life, the more rewarding it becomes. The more rewarding it is, the more you value it. It is easy to be jealous or resentful of others that have what you want yet don't appreciate it, we are all guilty of that at some point but you can take comfort in the fact that they may never have the opportunity to truly understand the worth of the love that they receive in the same way that you do.
    You're young and it probably feels as though everyone else is getting what you deserve now, whereas you have to wait forever. Trust me when I say, it will be worth the wait.

3. Thefowl

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You just made my day :slight_smile:

4. Nobo

I get that it's just that right now it's depressing to have nobody

5. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I actually feel like things have gotten easier since I've accepted my sexuality. I used to feel so much pressure to date guys and would feel like crap when it always inevitably failed. Things have actually improved for me since I've accepted that I'm into women.

Yes, statistically, there are much fewer of us, which makes the dating pool much smaller. But who cares? In the end I think most people want to end up with someone long term, and it just means we have less incompatible people that we have to go through before finding the right one.

6. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Dude, I know its always annoying to have people bring up how young you are, and I get your feelings, but you're 15. I was pretty convinced I was straight back when I was 15 and I would've been quite happy to have a boyfriend but that didn't mean I could get one! Everyone's pretty frustrated at that age I think. And my age. Still frustrated. This is normal. At least I kissed somebody for the first time a couple of weeks ago at a party. I sort of feel like tracking this girl down because as you guys are saying, its sorta hard to find gay people at all, and this girl was loving me, but I feel like a lot of that was alcohol so I've done nothing - don't wanna seem to keen. Life problems! Its just an awkard life stage for a lot of people, you're not missing out, you just need to power through.

#6 SHACH, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  7. Nobo

Thanks for the support I know I just have to try hard and get through this weird stage and then it will be fine it's just hard right now

8. Calf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is hard and I know it can be a lonely world when you feel so far from love or even just someone that really understands you but on the plus side you have EC. At least here you can chat to people who know how it feels. When I was your age (god I feel old saying that, lol) we didn't even have the internet at home so it really was like living isolated from the rest of the world. I know it's still not the same as it would be in person but it's something.

9. Nobo

yeah it is great to have ec

10. AJ56

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't necessarily hate being gay, but I do understand the loneliness. I really miss my crush too. He's bi so I actually have a chance with him. I just haven't gained the courage to talk to him yet. :/