1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush and Friend Help!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Livvy, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Livvy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey guys, I haven't posted anything on a forum like this before, so bear with me.

I really like this girl, we are best friends, and I've had a crush on her for a while now. I know for a fact that she's bi. We have a standing joke that we are married, and we have a lot of people convinced that we are a couple, but she makes a point of insisting we are friends. :confused:

We have such a close friendship I am almost unwilling to tell her my feelings in case it means I lose her as a friend. :icon_sad: And even if we girlfriends we would have to keep it quiet from my parents, who happen to be extremely homophobic.

Anyone have any prior experiences or advice for me? :help:

2. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think telling her is an option. If you know she's bi, and she probably knows you like women, at least it won't be THAT big of a surprise.
    Who knows, maybe she likes you too! I think you'll just have to decide if you want to take this step. If you tell her and she doesn't have feelings for you, it would probably be awkward for a while, but as you said, you're best friends, so I'm guessing your relationship can survive that.
    I can't really tell you what to do because ultimately you'll have to see if it's harder to tell her or to never find out if she has a crush on you, too.
    Sorry if this isn't helpful at all, it's just one of those situations where it's really hard to tell what's best if you're not directly involved. Having a crush on a friend is always hard, so have a hug (*hug*)

3. Livvy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thank you so much, any help is great. I think I will tell her, thank you for the advice :icon_bigg