1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating????

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by joshuap, Mar 26, 2016.

1. joshuap

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm only 15 years old and I hang out with all girls. Seeing I hang out with all girls there always talking about dating and how it's so hard to find someone to date. But when they say this you could say I get jealous/mad because they don't have the struggle I do. I live in a small town with only about 7 gay people and 3/7of them are older so there's only 4 gay people in my school. I have talked to each one and their just not my type and we don't have anything in common. I'm desperately looking for someone and I just feel lonely. Does anyone else have this problem? How do you cope with it? And also I do know of a couple bi-curious people but no one knows besides a couple people and I'm not supposed to know so I can't really ask them anything either.

2. JasmineTea

Hey- yeah, I've got this problem too. There are a fair few queer kids at my school, but... they're all my friends. I have interest in only one of them, but he doesn't return the feelings, being. Well. Gay. A friend of mine recommended a lesser known dating/friendship app to me, and I gave it a try, but... it's not the greatest environment on there, and you never really know who's real and who isn't, so I won't name it. I don't want to encourage anyone to get it.

Most of the time, I cope with it by trying to focus on the relationship I have with myself. Self love is something I preach a lot. There are times where I get really lonely, but I just try to remind myself that I'm young. I have a lot of years left where I can be dating people, so for the time being, it's nice to just love myself. (Or try to, anyway)

3. Inky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am familiar with this feeling of loneliness and how it may make it seem like it's quite unfair that the people around you seem to not experience the same issue (assuming most of them are into straight relationships). As you're aged 15, I cannot help but to feel like you may be rushing into things. My advice for you is to consider your motivation and goals for looking. You may disagree, but I think it's importance to have a positive basis for looking for new people. Yes, those people around you may be enjoying their time in their relationships and experimenting and what not, but they go into those relationships with their own motivations and goals. What are yours? You do not want to go into one with desperation or loneliness being your only motivation.

My advice for coping? Have patience, work on the best aspects of yourself so when you finally meet the one who truly deserves your love, you'll have every ample opportunity you can imagine to express to them the depth and entirety of your love. This is where I am at now with the man of my dreams and I hope for you the same :slight_smile: It's a truth I realised after years of observing my other gay friends going into so-called "2 week relationships" because they are impatient, desperate and/or lonely and only end up getting hurt and embittered. To be fair, you may have a very different experience but at the very least consider this perspective. :slight_smile:

4. yeahyeah

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't rush things up, someday you'll find someone you can date