1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The struggle with straight

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by joshuap, Mar 26, 2016.

1. joshuap

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This could be along one. A couple years ago I met a straight guy at a camp, let's call him C. While attending he approached me and asked me if I was telling people he was hot(I obviously was) and he said he wasn't gay but thanks for the compliment. That was my first conversation with him. In a course of 2 weeks we talked a lot, he bought and snuck in food that wasnt supposed to be there, he pointed me out in crowds and said that's my new GBF, we took pictures together, we hung out at dances, he gave me his blanket when we had a fire drill and I forgot mine, he lid in my bed and we just talked and cuddled. Now you may not think he was straight but he says he was. I had feelings for him from day 1 and when I say I fell hard I fell hard. I kept in contact with him him for 2 years and he lives 2 hours away from me and I was suppose to visit him one day but it never worked out. I was so upset but we still talked and I still had feelings. One night I was so upset and was so sick of him not knowing so I messaged him and told him everything about how I liked him and I just opened up to him. I know he was such a nice person, so I knew I wouldn't get a bad response and I never. However he said he didn't have the same feelings and I understood this. I asked my friend what to do and she said just to get rid of him on every social media account I had and I did. However, most days I forget about him but then there's bad days and I fall down a hole of searching him up and looking at pictures and then I feel these feelings all over again and it hurts. I just want it to be over but I can't get over him and I know we can never be together.

P.S: I don't really have a question I just really needed to get this off my chest!

2. JasmineTea

Hey, there. I know what this is like. (*hug*)
    It really sucks. Honestly, the best advice I can offer is just to focus on yourself for a while. Cry a lot, vent, hang out with your friends, eat ice cream right out of the tub, sing like no one can hear, dance like no one's watching, drink lots of tea, and fake it til ya make it. With time, you'll begin to feel better.<3
    I do feel the need to ask, though, does he know why you deleted him off social media? It's never fun when a friend just sort of disappears on you, after all.

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't worry. You will forget him once you find someone else. Your first crush is always the most difficult.