1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to stop having feeling for friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by aqwe, Mar 27, 2016.

1. aqwe

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi,
    I'm in love with my best friend and I don't know how to tell her.

I have told her that I'm lesbian a year ago. She told me - that is ok, but then I didn't mention it again, because she didn't have follow up question.

I started have feeling - then I started ignoring her - it was easier - because the summer holiday was coming and I didn't see her every day or week.
    She missed me very much, but I wanted to stop having feeling for her.
    She started dating a guy, which I don't like (in past we were friends). After the semester started I did't speak with her a lot. She was very confused why I stopped speaking to her. I say something about that I'm now very busy person - school, work, organizations.. and so on..
    After she broke off with her boyfriend I started again be good friend with her.
    I'm also very jealous - I usually get very mad, when I think about that she was going out with him..

I think she like me, but she don't admit it. When we are alone she usually is very happy, always laughing at something which I don't get it why is it funny... and so on...

a two months ago - we are working in one project together - and I told her - she have to choose - being with me as - friend, colleague (organization project), or schoolmate. She was very sad - that she have to choose. The possibility of not being friends with me was for her very hard. She told me, that we are more than friends (in sense of being best friend)..

A month ago - I'd ask her - what do she do, if she was in love with friend..
    I tried to ask her for advice - what should person do, if he/she want to stop having feeling for friend.
    She told me that, "So in your situation it is difficult to tell... " she didn't give me direct answer for my question. She told me - that she have to think about it later...

She told me that in her previous relationship - her male friends tell her that are in love with her - and she react very surprised and she than stopped talking to them or something like that. They stopped being friends.

I'm afraid that, if I tell her - she will stop being friends with me.
    So I would like to stop having feeling for her - but I don't know how.
    This methods are not working: ignoring, not being friends, find some else...
    It killing me inside to thinking about her and not being with her. I would like to get over her and be with her just as friend/colleague.

I would be appreciate, if you give me some advice how to deal with this situation.

2. father76

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am so sorry to hear about your situation, I know exactly how it must feel I too was in love with a friend and I never told him for fear of not being his friend, since I never told him we were friends for a long time, but we are not friends anymore for a different situation. But all I can say is try to find out first if she is likes girls, and if she does then you can approach her very gently and hopefully she accepts you, but if she doesn't like girls then you will have to forget her, try to find someone else, I know it will hurt but you cant love someone if they don't love you back. Well I am crossing my fingers for you and hoping that she likes girls and that she likes you too. good luck.