1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My friend is flirting with me and I'm confused??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LillyJet, Mar 27, 2016.

1. LillyJet

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Ok so recently I've made friends with this new girl at my school who is also gay. She's started flirting with me A LOT - like we'll text each other and she'll say stuff like how cute I am and how I should date her. So I've just kinda gone with it and flirted back - I haven't actually told her I'm gay too but I've hinted at it and I'm pretty sure she's figured it out.
    Anyway, the problem is that I don't know how much of it is serious or whether it's all a joke - sometimes it seems like she really means it but other times I think she's just messing around. I find her kind of adorable and I think I've developed a pretty big crush on her, but I'm scared of asking her out or something because I have literally never been on a date and I'm terrified that I would be super awkward.
    What should I do? Should I let her know that I actually do like her in that way? I'm so confused right now I don't know how to react!!
    (Sorry for slightly long post)

2. UCantPianoATuna

If you think she might say yes (and it sounds like she would), I'd ask. Worst case scenario: it's awkward for a little while, but then you know what her answer is. Best case scenario is a lot better.

Sometimes the thought of initiating feels like I'm jumping off of a two story building. The first time I asked a girl out it took me about 5 minutes of awkward stuttering because the words wouldn't come out. In hindsight I regret nothing, but I definitely needed to give myself a little push. If this sounds like you then I'd say just go for it. You mention being worried because you'd never been on a date before. Even if you do end up being awkward, at least next time you'll have been on a date before (if that makes any sense).

Hope this helped any, and best of luck!

3. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with this! You have much more to win than to lose - it's worth trying. So I would definitely ask her out :slight_smile:

Good luck and keep us updated if you want :wink: