1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*Very* frusterating long weekend with friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lnamae, Mar 27, 2016.

1. lnamae

lnamae Guest

These holidays I've met up with some friends in a city. Two of them are really good friends, who haven't been annoying. Most of the others tho, I'm glad the holidays over tbh. The whole trip there were things that grated. "Retarded" kept on being used over again as a slur. So was "faggot" (extremely loud in public places) and "gay". We went to see a comedian who was a "Justin Bieber dyke", "even a man can win woman of the year award" "people can identify as helicopters". There I was, awkwardly sitting at the dinner table or standing on the train dressed and pretty much getting mistaken for the other gender - a closeted, questioning trans person. I'm regretting all the times when I should have said something but I knew my anger was tipping over so much that I probably would have totally snapped. And the fact that I was vegan was brought up at almost every meal, not like in a polite curious way but like a teasing, "why are you so weird and picky way". There was oftentimes literally one thing I could customise on the menu and I didn't even really like it but because I don't like eating animals, I'd get it, and that's picky..?

I am out to the two close friends as bi. They could tell I was getting uneasy. About the whole sexuality remarks, the vegan thing. Not sure if they picked up on anything else. Its reasons like this that I just want to isolate myself from people sometimes.

I'm so not going on another trip with them. There is still one more day, and I'm at tipping point. I think today I'm just going to speak my mind, because... I really don't care if I snap and lose "friends" anymore. Especially after last night when the guy who says "faggot" as an insult the most (but also talks about gay things/gropes his male friends everyday) started verbally abusing his gf when she touched his phone... To check the time. Like...

:eusa_doh:

I am so very, very annoyed and frustrated right now.

#1 lnamae, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  2. cakepiecookie

Oh man, they sound obnoxious! I'd just chew them out. Like you said, it doesn't sound like it'd be a huge loss to lose them as friends.

3. lnamae

lnamae Guest

Its over now. I was really getting a headache. Didn't snap, but did call one of them who was particularly bad out, and to the obnoxiously worst guy I just walked away mid-sentence.

Huge sigh of relief, but now feel crap from it all. Know that I shouldn't, but still do :confused:

---------- Post added 28th Mar 2016 at 05:10 PM ----------

You're right, thinking to just cut them off.

Sorry to let that all out before, just sort of needed to...

#3 lnamae, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016