1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to make friends 3 years into college.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by grizzleybear33, Mar 27, 2016.

1. grizzleybear33

So I am junior in college and I have a solid group of friends right now but the problem is I studied abroad and it set me back a year. All my friends are graduating next year and so I was just seeing if anyone had any advise to make some new friends that probably already have a close group like I do right now. The friends I have right now I made pretty much early freshmen year so it's not like I really had to go out of my way to make new friends. Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ugh, I know! It's really easy first year, then it's hard to make new friends when you and your first year friends aren't in many classes together anymore.

All I can say is don't be shy and try talking to people in your classes. If you're in the same class, you probably are in similar programs, so you at least have that common interest, right?

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Perhaps you could look for those who are in similar situation with you i.e. people who went abroad for student exchange and are one year behind?

Aren't you able to accept the courses you took in the foreign university as a part of your degree?

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Join clubs, do activities, and meet friends through other friends. I realized after 3 years of college that I wanted to hang out with more people than just the small group I'd been hanging out with, so that's what I did and it worked pretty well.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, the main thing is to just look up (or ask others) what activities you are interested in and then try to find others of similar minds. Often if you share one interest, you will be more likely to find a few potential friends with multiple interests.