1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hard to talk about guys with friends

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Potatoes, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Potatoes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First of all I am out as gay to all my friends and I have been for about a half of a year. But I never talk about me being gay because I feel like it is an elephant in the room even though every one of my friends are accepting. I just feel awkward if I said wow that guy is hot or something like that. Should I feel awkward about talking about suff like that? The weird thing is I feel perfectly comfortable saying a girl looks good to my friends that a girls but not about guys even though we all like guys? It is even worse with my best friend because he is a guy and we never talk about me being gay if I pointed out a guy was hot to him I feel I would make him uncomfortable.

Do you think I should feel weird about talking to them about guys because I want to I just feel it would make them uncomfortable.

2. killswitch0029

I'm not saying that you should feel weird but it's totally understandable why you do. I'm just naturally a somewhat private person so I find it difficult to talk about people I find attractive. Back before I realized I was gay I could and still am able to recognize and appreciate when a girl is attractive but it still wouldn't be an easy topic for me to bring up. You're still relatively young so I would just say give it some time.
    Hope this helps :slight_smile:

3. PennyMonkey96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well that's the reason why I don't talk about guys with my friends. Also because they just won't understand me.

4. Mr Spock

I know that a lot of people go around talking about who they find attractive, but not all do. It's often better to show someone you like them than to tell your friends you'd hit that. So don't feel bad.