1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Juli, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Juli

Ok, so there's this girl that I am absolutely enamored with, and prom is coming up. She's a pretty good friend of mine, and as far as I know, she has no clue that I'm gay or have any sort of feelings for her. Well today she asked me if I was going to prom or not and I said that I probably wouldn't, because I don't have a date. She asked me if she could take me, and I really had no clue how to answer. I just blushed and looked away while I collected myself a bit and tried to get my thoughts in order.
    This is a dream come true, but also something I'm extremely conflicted about. She has no clue that I have any romantic interest in her, and I feel like it would be almost taking advantage of her friendship to accept. Is it fair of me to accept, even if I'm not being honest about my feelings for her, or even about my sexuality? Should I come clean, bite the bullet and tell her how I feel? I'm worried that I'm letting some unrequited emotions run away with me, and I don't want to dig myself a deeper hole. Am I just overthinking the whole thing?

2. confusedbubble

Has she said she's straight to you or do you know her sexuality? Maybe she's asking you because she likes you. If you're not out to her and she's not out to you how do you know what each other is thinking, gas she talked about lgbt stuff before or have you maybe you could mention a few things lgbt related or a few celebs you find attractive.
    Even if you don't want to come out to her take her up on the offer and just go as friends have fun and make memories, you never know what she's thinking herself did she have the offer of a date for the prom and thought I want to take my friend.

You could come out to her before the prom and just tell her you you would love to go with her but understand if she doesn't want to take you anymore.

I hope this helps