1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When to ask for a second date?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MayaBee, Mar 29, 2016.

1. MayaBee

Okay so I went on a date with this girl on Saturday and in my opinion it went quite good, we were walking along the lake for 2h and found many similarities and I think she is really nice. Obviously, I dont know what she thought of it, but she didnt seem uncomfortable.
    Now, since then we texted just once and very shortly and since I have a lot to do for the next 2 weeks, I dont know when to ask her if she would like to meet a second time.
    Last time she asked to meet, so I guess she expects me to ask now. but I dont wann ask and then be like "oh I don't have time for the next two weeks" since that is quite a long time, right?

So what do you think?

#1 MayaBee, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  2. FreshApple

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Don't wait too long before asking. She might think you are not interested. Just tell her that you'd love to see her again but that you are genuinely busy. Don't wait for two weeks before asking!

3. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yep, I agree with FreshApple.
    Even if you haven't much time at the moment, don't wait with asking 'til you got time. Ask her soon and if she liked your date too, she will be happy that you asked her :slight_smile: You can explain to her why you haven't much time the next weeks, but tell her also that you're excited to see her as soon as you get the time. Shouldn't be a problem and I think she will unterstand that :/

I'm happy for you that the first date went well and I wish you all the best for your hopefully second date :thumbsup:

4. MayaBee

Thank you two for the quick and helpful replies! I decided now that I just ask before it is too late so I wrote her: "Hey, I just wanted to quickly ask if you would like to meet again somewhen? I mean, I dont quite have time the next two weeks, but just so you dont think I am not interested :slight_smile:"

Do you think it is good? Wish me luck!:icon_redf(*hug*):eusa_danc

5. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never said that I'm good with this stuff xD When I met people and got into a relationship there were never these typical dates...but let me give you my thoughts:
    I think it's okay :slight_smile: If you want you can add that you enjoyed your date.

But honestly, I think it's not so important what exactly you write, the important thing is that you write and ask for the second date. If she enjoyed your date and if likes you, she will be really happy to hear from you anyway :slight_smile:

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would ask for a second date and say you need to wait awhile to actually set up a time and place because you've got whatever you've got going on.

At the end of my first date with my bf we both wanted a second date, but we were both going to be tied up for the next week and a half, so we decided we would agree that there would be a second date and waited until it got closer to actually make the plans. It worked...that was almost 2 years ago and we're still together.

#6 SemiCharmedLife, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016