1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What should I do?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DreamingAnother, Mar 30, 2016.

1. DreamingAnother

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello all, I, need some help. I feel like, ever since I came out to my friends, that they have been treating me differently. I don't know what to do or, even say. I've asked them what's going on, and they tell me nothing but, I can feel that I'm being treated differently, that, they don't even see me as a human being...

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's possible that they're just taking time to process the news. One thing always worth remembering is that when we come out, we've had time to think it over as much as we like, and are more or less comfortable with the idea of being whatever shade of LGBT, enough to tell other people anyway. To other people, it could be the first they've heard of it, or even thought of it.

On the other hand, unfortunately, you wouldn't be the first person to come out and lose a friend or two. It does happen, but you can also look at it as an opportunity to look for new friends - ones who will be perfectly happy with you being gay. :slight_smile: