1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice with next move with a friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Iowan1976, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Iowan1976

Okay,

I have posted a time or two in here about a friend that I have. To catch people up... He has been a crush of mine for a few months. I was surprised a while ago that he was trying to show that he likes me. He would stare at me..smile at me..wants to be sit next to me at eating establishments...and he remembers specific details about me.

Well, I happened to get his phone number and started texting him. I just sent him a message about looking for a place to go out...well he gave me a very specific place that was just right for me. It was also next to a gay bar...and he specific told me to check out the neighborhood cause I would like it.

Now, I do not know he is gay...he has never said it. I am out to him and a few others...but I thought at first he was just being nice to show the he supports me. But as more and more of this happens, I think that there is more there.

I guess I would like to know what should I do next? I mean if he is questioning his sexuality then I do not want to scare him away, but at the same time, I want to acknowledge that I think he is cute....or something along those lines.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Hm, well I think it's good not to make assumptions. He could just be wanting a good friendship and to show his support. I would avoid confronting him about his sexuality because he may not be ready for that if he is questioning.

I would wait and see how it goes. If he leaves more obvious signs that he might like you, maybe telling him you kind of like him, or maybe if you wanted to be subtle if you guys were joking around you could tell him that you would date him if he was gay.

But yeah, I wouldn't jump to anything yet. I hope this helps and good luck!

3. killswitch0029

I agree with this user, jumping to an assumption could potentially lead to something pretty bad. While it is a possibility that he might be gay, there's also a strong possibility that he could just be really friendly. Just wait things out and see how they go

4. Iowan1976

Thank you for the advice.

I have not done anything out of the ordinary yet. We just have our normal conversations. He has been a bit more nervous around me, but I just continue on being me. There is a part of me that sees him struggling with something...and I want to help. But if it is his sexuality, then he almost needs to come to terms with it first before I can help him....at least that is what I needed. I needed to be accepting of who I am first before I could let others in my world know about me.