1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusing message

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by chad1d1, Apr 6, 2016.

1. chad1d1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello all, I'll make this as short as possible. I've been friends with this guy for about 2 years. A year ago we both admitted we were bi, I told him I had feelings for him-he never confirmed nor denied his feelings for me. I got fed up with the mix signals and lack of communication and stopped talking to him so that I could heal. 7 months later (today) he tells me we desperately need to catch up, but he doesn't miss me, but wants to hang out. When I didn't answer the text he responded with "Please tell me you're still in town."

What kind of message is he sending? Is he trying to mask the fact that he misses me? Either way I'm not here for it. It just doesn't make any sense. What do you guys think?

2. killswitch0029

It sounds like he's desperate to meet up if he's coming to you out of the blue after such a long period of time just to "catch up". If you don't feel that he's worth your time it would probably be best to just flat out let him know.

3. chad1d1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks, maybe I was reading too much into it. I just thought it was weird for him to say he doesn't miss me.

4. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He explicitly told you that he doesn't miss you? That is bizarre and he seems confused as ever. If you want to continue healing, you should probably keep your distance and keep on ignoring him.

5. Cookielower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Keep ignoring him to heal must be one of the most selfish advice I have ever heard. You make him suffer so you can heal? To be honest with you I don't think you will ever heal unless you talk to him and sort things out.

7 months are a long shot, so I don't find it strange that he "says he don't miss you", but want to catch up. It is some sort of defence strategy to prevent more suffering, and he don't want to come on as too needy. You should talk to him, and sort out your feelings, unless you would never heal. It is a hard fact, but you want get anywhere by ignoring him and running from your problems.

#5 Cookielower, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  6. chad1d1

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks guys for the feedback. I have an update.

I decided to meet up with him at a bar over the weekend. He was very attentive and his body language was positive, we had a great time. He casually kept mentioning us spending more time together. When I got home he checked up on me and pleaded for me to hang out with him again. We set a date for yesterday, yesterday came and he said he was too busy. Too busy like the thousand other times (another big reason why I seperated myself in the first place). The frustrating thing is he initiated all of this, I was doing fine healing by myself for 7 months. Now here I am again, reliving this pattern. It's like everytime he feels himself getting close to me he runs.

---------- Post added 13th Apr 2016 at 04:11 AM ----------

I didn't go into detail but he has put me through hell. He would shut down when I tried to talk to him and whenever I felt like I was making progress we would run-not following through with plans, he would stop talking to me, etc. I didn't know what else to do. His actions may have been subconscious though, he has been through a lot. Outside of all of that we have a very special and unique connection - he has acknowledged that. It's something I've never experienced before and don't think I ever will.