1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling my friend I like but him telling me the truth about his is sexuality

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Arrinstone, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Arrinstone

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ive been having a problem determining if my friend is telling the truth if he does not like and that he is not gay he touches my shoulders and when were are in history he is always looking at me from my perspective he is not straight but gay I think he is really popular and if he is gay and he likes me(I've liked him for 2 years btw) I fear that his friends are going to not accept him and I feel that's why he doesn't want to say he thinks his friends will not be his friends anymore can you guys help on what I should do :icon_sad::kiss::bang:

2. MaximusMike

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you trust him, then I think a good thing to do would be to come out to someone. If he is gay, (or simply not straight), then it'd be far easier to come out to someone who's in the same boat. It would also help if he's into you, but unwilling to say anything until he's sure that you're into men.

If you're not comfortable doing that, just asking friends about their opinion on queer matters might help you and him see their perspective, like the fact that same-sex couples can adopt in all 50 states in the US now.

One piece of advice I would give, coming from personal experience of crushing on a straight guy, is don't let your ideal, gay version of the person conflict with their actual being. Make sure to keep your perspective of him planted in reality, if he is straight (or says he is)

Anyway, hope that helps, and good luck :grin:

3. Arrinstone

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ty I for the advice I promise you the things that you said are most likely what I would be but If I told him and he is gay what do I do

4. MaximusMike

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Don't go straight to asking him out, try and gauge how he feels, if he's being more flirty then it's a good sign. See how your friendship changes once you've both hypothetically come out, if you're closer (which you probably would be), then perhaps asking if he likes anyone (in an innocent, friendly manner) might help. If he's uncomfortable around the question, then there's a chance he hasn't accepted his sexuality completely, but there's also a chance he's into you.

Also, understand the challenges of dating in the closet, you won't want to be intimate in public, and no one will know about the relationship which can be straining on both of you.

Hope that helps a bit :grin: