Waiting for a special guy to figure out his sexuality

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cory675, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Cory675

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

So I met a guy about a month ago. We met online, and when we were chatting, he told me that he hadn't actually come out yet, but he reassured me, telling me he was sure he liked guys and that he wasn't at all ashamed of who he was. He was planning on telling people when there would be someone in his life to tell about. When we met for the first time in person, I really felt a connection with him. I was also diligent enough to ask a few more questions to make sure he really knew he liked guys (but was bisexual), and his response reassured me. He also told me that he wasn't afraid of commitment.

I felt a connection like I had never felt before on a first date... and I also knew, from the very first time I met him, that if it didn't work out, it would hurt really bad.

We continued texting alot, every day. And after the second date, he admitted to me that he was beginning to feel attatched.

The 4th date, he was supposed to stay the night. Normally, I would find this way too fast, but I really felt close to him, and we had sex. He was the one who initiated it.
    After a few minutes, he completely imploded and started having doubts about his sexuality etc, all while recognizing that his doubts were irrational because he knew he desired me, had feelings for me, and saw that it could work out with me...but nonetheless, his doubts were tearing him up inside... and with that, the relationship essentially ended, or was put on pause at least until he could figure things out.

Needless to say, I was completely crushed. I had never felt so crushed about any guy I've dated before. I was so hurt... and felt like my trust was so betrayed.

But I've decided that I would ride the wave, give him time and space to figure things out. He himself admitted to me that his doubts were irrational and has at times expressed regret for how things ended... and he still continues to text me every day, so he clearly isn't ready to end things for real.

Has anyone ever waited for someone else to figure out their sexuality and had it work out?
    I truly believe this guy is worth it, and am really willing to wait for him. Any advice on what to do to make it work out?