1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

this is urgent... please give advice....

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by atomic dorito, Apr 7, 2016.

1. atomic dorito

Hey it's Dorito, i have officially entered a long distance relationship with the love of my life. it hasn't been long distance but she had some struggles and is now six hours away in Georgia. we want to see each other and we both agreed to do everything in our power to make it last. all we need to do is wait a year and a half and then she'll be 18 and can move in with me. she's in the closet and is always around family, so skype and facetime can't work. how can we make this last? things i could say over text? words and lines to keep our love strong? any and all tips will be put into consideration.:help::help::confused::bang:

2. Cory675

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say just be willing to hang in there for her. Be super supportive and understanding of her situation, but also talk to her to figure out a way to keep close contact despite the distance. You'really probably going to give more than you take, but if you really love her, just ride the wave until she's 18. Is there a particular reason why she hasn't come out? Is she just not ready or is she truly fearfully of her family's reaction? Try and understand the reasons why, and help her through it, but don't push her if she's too afraid as it will only cause stress in the relationship.

3. ThreeBears3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Im glad you're staying together, that's a tough thing to have to be apart for 18 months to be together again. Especially where it has to be a secret. I take it that she doesn't have the privacy to have private video calls. You could come up with a bit of a code, like how ttyl is talk to you later. You could say lol and say instead of laugh out loud it's love you lots or just cute stuff like that? I don't know how you'd communicate like that without blowing a cover. People can be nuts so I get that but just think how great it will be when she comes back :slight_smile: a lot of teenagers have quite the struggle being with the person they love, sometimes things fall apart because of them or other people but the right couples really do make it. And most teenagers don't even get to be with the person they want so it's cool you're able to have that. Maybe focusing on school work too and seeing if you can get into a school together when you're 17/18? Depending on where you want to go some schools will take a ged that you could get if you're a year younger if you'd pass it, lots of options once youre together but just hang in there. Tell her what's going on dove she left and what you're up to in her absence and ask her what things are like there. Remember it'll feel longer than it is. Hang in there.