1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does it take before you know that you're "sure" with your feelings?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by StartANewLifE, Apr 8, 2016.

1. StartANewLifE

How long does it take before you know that you're "sure" with your feelings for someone?

SO I've been talking with this guy now for three months. And like he's always in there inside my head. We've been talking nonstop for like the first two months. The third month was kinda rough because we kinda got busy with work and school. And all those times that we didn't talk. I always wish we would. Like I miss him. But I also kinda hate him.

He's just so nonchalant sometimes. I'm still ambivalent towards him. Sometimes I like him so much, especially when we're. talking but when we don't I miss him and hate him at the same time.

I don't know, I'm probably just obsessing on him. And I'm not sure of this feelings I have for him. I'm pretty messed up.

2. ThreeBears3

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I've been with my spouse for 8 years and I've always felt like that lol. Basically I always say don't get involved unless you really trust them, you really like them physically and who they are as a person and you can see a future but that's just me. If you can see getting hurt as a real issue or you are things that really bother you about the person I would avoid something but if you think it seems like a good idea... 'Sure' about feelings is tough, I think when you're sure you're in love... Sure is good but I think people are too 'sure' and haven't gotten to know people well enough and then they don't end up happy together... So from what you said it could go either way, I don't know, but my suggestion is just think it over & be sure enough that you're going to be happy with the decision you make. Good luck.

3. Aerin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I really don't trust myself with my feelings lol, I can develop a really strong attraction to someone and be completely blind to their faults. It took me two years of being into this girl before I accepted that my feelings were probably real.

I think it's important to try to take a step back and think about the guy you're fantasizing about. The things that make your heart ache most about him, what are they, when you're imagining him? If they are things that he has actually done/said around you, and not just something you've made up in your head/something you imagine the two of you doing, I'd say your feelings might be real.

My biggest weakness with crushes is that I tend to create this imaginary person that looks like them in my head, and when this happens, I desperately need a reality check.