1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling Really Alone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thewizard, Apr 9, 2016.

1. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    At this point I have no clue what to do. My best friend goes to a different school, and pretty much never talks to me. The people at my school who were supposed to be my "friends" always bash gays and my race while trying to act black, my sister is off at college and doesn't talk to me much, my brother has literally said he hates me and my parents just sit and watch tv all day. My dad has even said he doesn't believe in me. I hate writing the woe is me post, but I feel so alone right now. I have no clue what to do. I don't want to conform to the people at my school and be unhappy, but I don't have many options. I'd really appreciate some advice.

2. Careboobear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know how you feel, but that's why you have support here. To be honest, I was feeling the same. Someone once said you're only half black because you don't know gang signs. I was infuriated and hurt that someone I saw as a friend would say that to me. You just need to find the people who like you, for you. I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

3. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for the response!I hate when people say stuff like that. People I know are always telling me I'm not really black because I don't shoot or rob people, yet at the same time they always joke and act afraid of me when I get close to them. And then they think they're the funniest thing on earth when they call me "nigger"

4. PrettyinPunk

Woah! I really hope the people saying those horrible things to you aren't your "friends" if so you definitely need to separate yourself from them. Life can be rough anyway so when your close friends and family aren't supportive, I know it can feel very lonely.

Like Careboobear said there's support on this forum and other ones online too. Also have you tried maybe making friends with other people at your school? Are there any clubs or groups you can join that interest you in your area?

5. thewizard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I could, but I honestly have no clue where to start. I'm thinking about starting a diversity club. They already have an LGBT+ Straight Alliance at my school, so I'll probably join that too. Other than that, does anyone have any suggestions?