1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple, standard cry for help

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dndpssxtricky, Apr 10, 2016.

1. dndpssxtricky

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I live in a Christian home with two insanely religious parents and my younger sister, who I have an unstable relationship with. I myself am partially Christian, but that is a different matter. My parents already cannot stand me, and will low-key verbally abuse me. Nothing too serious, but its a frequent issue. I am a closet bisexual, the only people who know are my closest friends (one of whom I have a crazy crush on). I've been taking every opportunity to be out of the house now, including working a full-time and a part-time job. Because of the kind of people they are, coming out to them would mean abuse and possible disownment. I know the common response is just to tell me not to come out to them, but its at a point where it's harming my mental and emotional health to be around these people, especially when they go on anti-homo rants to me. Is there anything else that can be done that doesn't involve coming out or running away from home?

#1 dndpssxtricky, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How old are you? Have you thought of a plan to become independent, like saving up for moving and rent? You could use religion to fight the hatred and keep stressing on how Jesus was not about hatred or violence. Do you have access to any professional counselors and/or an LGBT support center? Overall, you should try to expand and strengthen your support network while also trying to set yourself on a path for independence.