1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invasive Parents

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by aceabegq, Apr 10, 2016.

1. aceabegq

Out Status:
    A few people
    I made a twitter recently (which I know is public domain and anyone can view it) and had contacted a writer on it. My dad went through those tweets to read all of mine, and even when I asked him not to do that he got defensive and said "It's public domain, anyone can read it." I find this invasive and creepy. He repeatedly asked me what the writers name was and after I told him he went through ALL my tweets, referencing one I made to my friend, joking about being bi.

He also said that "I never tell him anything." This is not true. If I try to tell him something about how I'm feeling, he dismisses it as "oh, it's just a phase" ect. He is very defensive about changing how he refers to me, it's usually still "daughter" even though I have asked if he could say something else instead.
    He just wants to KNOW but he doesn't want to UNDERSTAND.

It's very very frustrating and I don't know how to bring it up. Thanks for any advice!

-Ace