1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on moving on?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by aceabegq, Apr 10, 2016.

1. aceabegq

Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a partner, and we were together for two years. It is/was the longest relationship I've ever had. I don't think it was working out very well, but that person was a HUGE part of my life. They suddenly dropped me with no warning (they had done this to other people before) and now I really really don't know how to proceed.
    It's been a few months now, and it's still bothering me that they seemed to not be affected by it at all? We were best friends+more for over two years, they dropped me, then didn't seem to be affected. I was really cut up about it, and they seemed fine.

Some Q's:
    • Sometimes they try to talk to me, but they asked me not to, so I'm not sure how to respond.
    • They would sometimes say upsetting things to me. Not often but enough to make me feel bad. (ex. I went to the LGBT club near me, and they kept repeating "you don't even go here! why are you here?") They also kept saying how much they loved someone who was basically their ex during our relationship. How could I deal with that? I've tried breathing.
    • Dealing with blame? I blamed myself a lot for what I did wrong, but I'm starting to come out of that and I understand I did a few shitty things, but they did as well.
    • Dealing with them being with other people? It's such a petty thing, but I mean us being around both our friends.
    • Seeing other people in relationships kind of makes me sad and a little bit sick.

As you can see, I'm still in a mess about this. Any advice on getting on/moving on would be appreciated. I really can't tell if I was really really shitty to them, or we were both at fault ....

-Ace

#1 aceabegq, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016