1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting mixed signals from my crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Fedora Mun, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Fedora Mun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So for the past two years iv secretly had a crush on my best friends brother. Well, recently my best friend took a foreign exchange program to Japan leaving me with just his brother and my small group of friends that I eat lunch with every day at school and ever since he left iv started to receive mixed signals from his brother. I'm not super amazing friends with this boy, I mostly just know him because his brother is my best friend, but ever since my best friend left he's started to do things like the following: Ask just me out of our entire group of friends to walk with him to the lunch line/library/ect; his eyes light up and he smiles when he sees me sitting at our lunch table; he'll even buy me lunch some times. It was because of these things that I decided to come out to him and everyone I know and it only served to increase the frequency of him doing these things (or at least it feels like it).
    But now it comes to the part where the mixed signals start. For example, when we pass each other in the hallway he just looks at me briefly, completely emotionless, and keeps walking and he will hardly speak to me outside of lunch. So as such I'm not sure if everything is just wishful thinking or if he genually likes me.
    Please Help! I'm not sure if I should say something and risk damaging my relationship with not only him but my best friend as Well. I would be thankful for any advice and apologies for any typos, Im writing this on a phone and auto correct hates me.

#1 Fedora Mun, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  2. Sek

Sek

Hey Fedora Mun,

First of all, congratulations on coming out to him and your group of friends! That's courageous and something I see a lot of people afraid to do to their crushes.

Those definitely sound like mixed signals. However you've done the first logical thing towards getting together with your crush. If you're feeling concerned about damaging your relationship with your friend and his brother, you could test the waters by stepping up the flirting game with your friend's brother to see how he reacts before jumping fully in.

I'm assuming you also came out to your friend, and if so have you confessed how you feel about his brother? If he might feel uncomfortable about it, it would be an opportunity for him to tell you before you can't turn back. Plus it might give you more of an idea about whether his brother could be interested in you too, and be a source for support if he's okay with you pursuing a relationship.

Hope it works out for you, feel free to come back and provide updates. I'll keep an eye out for them.

All the best.
    SEK :thumbsup:

3. Fedora Mun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No I haven't told my best friend how I feel as it is difficult to get into contact with him as he is in forign exchange in Japan and is only alowed to talk to friends/family once a month. So I'm affraid that rout might not be an option.