1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My straight friend has a crush on me

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by SimonSnow, Apr 13, 2016.

1. SimonSnow

So I recently came out to one of my best straight friends who is female. She said that she didn't hate me for it. Yay? Anyway, she told me a few days ago she has a crush on me. I should mention she is realllllllllly depressed because her boyfriend left her. Then she ranted about how the universe hates her and"gave" proof: the guy she loves (me) is gay. Sooooooo, what should I say to her?
    Any help is appreciated.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, you could say you're sorry she feels this way, but it would be wrong for you to try and fake attraction to her. Also, she may not really understand what being gay means. I find it hard to maintain any romantic attraction to a guy who turns out to be straight.

3. Fedora Mun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in the exact same situation just a few months ago, so basicly I'm going to tell you to NOT do what I did. DO NOT let her guilt trip you into the relationship, like my friend did to me, it will end badly and will often ruin your friendship. Stand your ground that your gay but also try to comfort her and be there for her when she needs someone to talk to (this is regarding the depression). Trust me, I just went through the exact same situation and a relationship will only end badly.