1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with best friends experiences

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by oraluxjack, Apr 14, 2016.

1. oraluxjack

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey everyone.
    I created this thread in order to tell our in love with best friend experience.
    My story is about me (bi) and my best friend (unknown) i really dont know his sexual orientation and i have been madly in love with him for so long. I didnt tell something to him just because i love him so much, actually i can say that he is my brother and not my friend and i kinda dont want to ruin our friendship if it turns out that he is straight. Anyways, tell me your stories about beeing in love with your best friends and how did it end up like?

2. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    been there. its hard to get over a crush like this. my crush was straight and super hot :frowning2:
    here's my story that i shared earlier, maybe it'll help:

Crush on one of my best friends!
    I've had this crush on a guy I know for almost 4 years now. When I knew him for like 2 years, I started to get the biggest crush on him. He's so cute and sooo nice to everyone. In the beginning it wasn't such a problem, because I didn't really hang out with him much. This year we've become really good friends and got really close. BUT I still have a crush on him and it's bigger then ever!!! I know he wouldn't get mad or anything if he knew what I felt for him, but I can't seem to get rid of the crush I have on him. I always hoped he'd might be interested, because he's very open to people with different sexualities and stuff.
    But I highly doubt it and I need some advice so that I won't do anyting stupid like trying to hug him or something stupid like that. If he found out, he wouldn't think any different of me or anything, but it's so embarrassing to tell! I also have the urge to tell him but that would make things so awkward!

pt2

Me and my female best friend both had a crush on one of our other good friends. Ive had this crush on him even years before I knew her. But that's not an excuse haha.

I told her I had a crush on him and thougth he was handsome and really cute. she agreed and she told me she kinda liked him too.

So a year later it turned out they were having a secret relationship for like a month (this happened in the summer vacation of 2015) . I was heartbroken, but I felt really happy for them, because he's straight and I'll never get the chance to date him. Also, they fit together really well, and it was so cute. I did get a bit mad that she didnt tell, because I wouldnt mind it at all. She told me she didnt want to hurt my feelings. A few months later they broke up, because someone else in our group of friends was on their ass 24/7. He wanted to know everything they did and wanted to like force them to get closer and randomly showing up at my best friends house while her bf was there too. I was feeling really sad for them but was slightly relieved at the same time (I know, selfish).

The guy I have a crush on, knows I have a crush on him, but he doesnt mind and doesnt think any different from me, which I'm really happy about. I told everyone I had a new crush so they wouldnt think about it anymore. Truth be told, the crush got so, so, soooo much worse than that.

All the time, I started thinking about the idea of us two in a relationship and how it would be. After I did, I realised it was impossible, because he's like super straight. It made me sad every time this happened. Here's the truth that everyone in the same situation will eventually eknowledge. You think he/she is bi/gay/a lesbian because you want to think and believe it's true. I have that problem every time I see/think about him. So a few days ago, my friend admitted she had sex with him. We always talked about her relationship and she always told me they only made out and hugged. I wanted to believe they only kissed eventhough its really obvious there's always more to it.

She actually didnt want to tell me, because she knew how much it would hurt me. When she admitted it to me, I was broken. I felt terrible and so bad about myself and all the times I would wish he was attracted to me. I got so depressed that I started to cry the second I was finally alone in my room. It's not their fault, because it's just what people in relationships do. My problem was, that I wanted to be with him so badly, and got so jealous when my best friend started dating him. When I started to get over the first, little crush, he and I got really close friends and really started to like him. Then I suddenly found out that the did more then kiss and ended up having sex. Because of this "reality check", I'm feeling a bit better. I am going to tell him the entire story though. I'm still friends with both of them, and I am getting over it a bit every day. I know if and when I get the chance to tell all about it, I'll start crying after the first sentence. The worst thing is, that I can't talk about everything, because he would get mad at my friend for telling me.

Sorry for the long story, just wanted to share mine.

thats my long-ass story. I got over the crush. I just hope that your friend would be accepoting if he'd find out. My friend kinds knew and eventually found everything out. He didnt mind at all and he was really supportive. I hope your friend is too.

If you want tips or just a talk, feel free to post on my wall. Id be more than happy to talk and/or hear you out :slight_smile:

3. someoneus86

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm Bi, more leaning towards guys while my best friend is unknown/confusing but has told me he is straight; so he is straight.

We quickly became best friends and then awhile later he made it really confusing/complicated by giving me mixed signals. In summary, he always made it a point to come out of the shower in just a towel and change in front of me under the towel, he always played with himself under blankets when we were together in his room or alone somewhere, whenever he use to stay at my house he always slept with me, I believe he even masturbated next to me. Then when I slept at his house he said he figured I would sleep in his bed with him even though he had guest rooms. Even without covers he will get an erection and he will grab it through his jeans and cause a visible outline. I took that as a sign of him saying look...

I woke up during the night to him cuddled up to me once , head laying on my chest and arm over me... That's pretty much when I realized I was in love with him. Then later that night he swung his arm and "accidentally" grabbed my genitals for a few seconds. Then turned so that he was leaning his back against me and masturbated.

Soooooooo I figured he's gotta be gay/bi and interested in me if he did everything I mentioned, so the next day after he cuddled up to me and after he took his shower and once again changed right in front of me under a towel, I asked him later that day if he was gay or bi because of the mixed signals and that I felt I was bi. He never replied until I said something the following day; he basically said he is not gay and that I weirded him out and that it would NEVER happen so I should get that thought out of my head and that he loved vagina too much. Then he tried to find a date/gf for a few weeks.

Since this was early on after me "falling" for him, I was rather ok with that and I was easily able to tell myself that he's just my best friend and that's all I love him as. We eventually fought, made up, fought, and made up over how he had not been acting like a best friend nor friend since then; all the while he kept doing the same mixed signals that I told him about before whenever he came over. This kept continuing with him seeming like he was getting closer to me, then backing off and then saying he needs to date and find a gf in a continuous cycle ...

It finally came to my breaking point when I stayed over his house the other week. While hanging out in his livingroom, he kept a blanket over his waist and I noticed he was blatantly showing off the outline of an erection going up his leg. I ignored it. Then later we slept in his living room (probably because his sister was home and he didn't want her to know we slept together) and during the night I looked over at my friend and he was laying on his back with "something" sticking straight up in the blanket like he was trying to show off or something. Then he rolled over, put a pillow over his head, and moaned and probably masturbated.

The following morning I had to ask for the 2nd time if he was 100% straight. He said yes. I told him he STILL keeps giving mixed signals. He didn't want to talk about it anymore and then he went online and started joining dating websites. Then a few hours later, we are watching tv and he gets up from his end of the couch and sits right near my head and puts a blanket over his waist and plays with himself... Then later on when I was about to leave he exposed his stomach while "stretching" and left it exposed while eyeing my reaction.

Fast forward a few weeks and he tells me he doesn't want to stay over anywhere anymore. Then one night I finally had it and asked what his deal was. He told me that he was pissed off at me because I asked him for a 2nd time if he was gay. I'm like, ya, but you said no so it shouldn't be a big deal.... He said I should have never asked. Finally, I hit my breaking point and said that I wouldn't have asked if he would have stopped playing with himself next to me. He said that never happened. I said that I SAW him playing with himself under the blanket and even heard and saw him lowering his pants under the blanket as well to masturbate. He said he didn't do that to masturbate and that he never played with himself; it never happened. Finally I told him about him cuddling up to me and grabbing me and laying on my chest. He replied that it never happened. So I said that I WAS AWAKE..... He got quiet and started having an anxiety attack and asked me to leave his car because he wanted to be alone. He used an excuse that he drank too much and that he was feeling sick from alcohol. However, he avoided me the rest of that night and went home.

The next day I texted him and told him that we are just stressing each other out and that I love him as my best friend and that's all I ever wanted from him. I told him that we seem to want something different where I want a best friend to ask me to hang out and talk to me while he just wants to drink and smoke pot. So I told him that I'm stepping back to avoid stressing and that it's up to him to ask me to hang out and to start talking to me.

He said he appreciated it and then started talking weirdly about cleaning and how he loves cleaning. Then he mentioned that he would start playing our online game with me and another friend again. He never came online and I only heard from him once when he sent me an image of a bunch of movies that are coming out that we both want to see together. So I'm guessing the random text was just him making sure that I knew he was still around I guess.

But at this point, this whole thing of him messing with my head and denying that he ever did stuff has greatly reduced my feelings for him. I really do love him as a best friend (even if he's not acting like one right now), but that's all right now.

4. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    wow thats a messedup situation. Im sorry to hear. Either he's unsure about hissexuality and feelings towards you, or he cant control his boners lol. sorry to hear youre in this situation. I guess you shopuld just drop the entire thing and hang out with him as friends. maybe tell him that too. that you want to let the past be the past and you still love him as a friend and want to still hang out with him.

5. Starlight123

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My friend of more than 15 yrs. I'm madly in love with her. I've told her on multiple occassions and have received mixed reactions from her. She will go from telling me it's hard to believe to telling me that she doesn't feel that way abt me but she loves me as a friend to her telling me it's awkward for her.

I tell her all the time that i don't expect her to do anything she doesn't want to do but i just needed her to know. I do get mixed messages from her. She will send me pics of herself. Some pics she is scantily clad. She will get upset when i go too long without speaking to her.

In general we just can't seem to stay away from each other. I have tried getting space from her but it doesn't work. We are still great friends. I do think she is playing games at times though which i have told ger and she has apologized for but then she goes right back to playing games.

She tells me she loves me all the time and i do the same. It's weird for me. It's like we are in a relationship but we are not. She has a boyfriend who sge doesn't really speak abt and we speak abt everything except him. I dont know what to think abt her. I just take it day by day. I know she has the potential to really hurt me and I'm afraid that the hurt is coming soon.

#5 Starlight123, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2016