1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has a straight girl ever been interested in you?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by monkey89, Apr 14, 2016.

1. monkey89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi all,

First time posting here, I'm looking for some advice!

I told my "straight" friend that i have a crush on her, we're in mid-20s. She claimed to be straight, but showed interest in me and initiated a lot. she had never kissed a girl. We kissed, cuddled, etc. afterward she said shes confused, but also she accepts whatever about herself. I think the whole thing was unexpected for her. She seemed to enjoy the experience both body language responses and also complimenting me a lot physically. she seemed to not want it to end. I can't seem to stop thinking about her. but I lose total interest at the thought that she prefers men. Like why bother if it's not mutual.Also, I wonder if shes just into me for the attention bc I did tell her I had a crush on her like immediately.

I felt a huge connection, but not sure if she feels the same- I usually am very blind when someone likes me.

I dont know, I know you guys don't know either haha, just had to let it out and also say that it sucks not knowing how someone feels lol.

Is it at all common for someone to think they're straight until they meet the right person because its the norm to be straight? Is it true sometimes people don't know until they have that kiss or something? Whats your experience with "straight" people?? I'm confused why she was initiating things and being so responsive if shes supposedly straight. or better yet, any psychics out there that can tell me how she feels? hehehehe

2. confusedbubble

Sounds like you need to sit down and ask her what's happening between you 2. if she's confused then fair enough, but if she says she's into men then you need to set boundaries with her because you'll get hurt.

You need to ask her where she see's the relationship with you going she knows your feelings what about hers, on the other hand she doesn't sound really straight kissing you and cuddling and accepts whatever about herself.

Keep us updated

3. FoxSong

Talk to her.. that's all you can really do.

Honestly with regards to the whole kissing and cuddling thing, I understand how confusing it can get, but I've met plenty of straight girls who like kissing (or even more) but are still straight.

At any rate you're going to drive yourself nuts second guessing so rather just be forthright and then be prepared for whatever her answer is.

4. monkey89

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just wanted to update: I went to hang with her and she said it was a terrible decision and that she also started hanging with some guy that same week. It's confusing because of how close and intimate we were for her to dismiss it but I'm also grossed out and turned off. Her approach to the whole thing was very poor. She's trying to hang with me all the time so it's confusing how she feels but I'm disgusted and don't even care how she feels about me. Moving on!

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it could be she does have some same-sex feelings, but she may be bi and just feel more comfortable with straight relationships. Whatever her feelings, it's her problem, and often the biggest hurdle is each person coming out to themselves.

If you are still feeling hurt, it's okay to take a break and maybe think in the future about being just friends.