1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tired lonely ramble

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by pastelwyvern, Apr 16, 2016.

1. pastelwyvern

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel lost and lonely and have that bleh feeling. My parents aren't homophobic but they're not totally supportive. I wrote an essay for school about lgbt+ rights and my dad said he was "all for gay rights" but "didn't want me to be the lgbt+ rights kid. " I don't think my parents ever thought that this could affect ME and hurt ME. I want to come out but I'm afraid. I'll be safe, but I don't know what they'll say.
    I'm out to my close friends, and they're the best friends in the world, but they're straight and I don't know if they'll understand if I talk out my feelings with them. They can support me and give hugs, which is fantastic,but I don't know if they'll get it, you know?
    I'm alone in my nonstraightness and just need to get all this out. Thanks EC for being here. I should get some sleep now.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You are not alone. It sounds like you need some LGBT friends; though, many things are universal to all genders and orientations. Is there a GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) club at your school? Your parents may not realize how hurtful are their words because they probably don't know LGBT person well. It's easy to judge "strangers".

3. Hieron

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh, girl, I know how you feel.. Believe me, have experienced this about three of four times in my life.
    As resu said- You are not alone. There will be always someone who'll support you, but you only need to open eyes a bit more. Parents (in most cases) will accept you, because you are their precious diamond, which cannot be told by any price cost.
    If we're talking about friends, then that's a bit different. You must be sure that you trust them, no matter how the situation's point will turn. If that's true what you say about your friends, then you shouldn't be scary about your ''little secret'' to be revealed, I'm sure they'll understand you and that's because they're straight, doesn't mean you cannot be their friend and they won't understand you. If the friendship is real, there won't be any obstacles.
    Wish you luck and don't look on world only from one side, there are much more! :icon_wink