1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I ask them out or wait?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by beowoolf, Apr 16, 2016.

1. beowoolf

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I have a bit of a crush on a non-binary student at my university. We technically met online through Her but got together irl in a casual manner through a mutual interest in checking out the campus pride club. I didn't think much about them at first but after meeting up with them and having lunch the next day, I'm getting the good ol' butterflies :slight_smile:

We've kept in contact since then, but haven't met up for weeks. It's exam and paper season so it's been hectic for both of us for a while. I was also getting the impression that they were not interested in me "in that way" because it would take them days to message back. However—maybe because the school-chaos has blown over—we've started talking again. They're still pretty brief with their messages, but it's been a little more promising.

In fact, they messaged me out of the blue asking to hang out. I'm wondering if I should ask them out on a "proper" date when we do, but I wonder if this will come out as out of the blue and weird. I don't know if their sparse messaging before had anything to do with not wanting to lead me on...yet they're still messaging me, and enthusiastically too. I don't know if it's worth the "investment" to "wait for the right time," whatever that means. But I also want to get this off my chest. If they're not interested, I can move on. I think we got along in person well enough, and we seem to have a number of shared interests and values. Ideas?

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people are just really bad at texting. I wouldn't read too much into it unless you're getting other signs that they're not interested. Why don't you go hang out with them and just see how things go? If all goes well and the two of you seem to be connecting, go for it. :slight_smile:

3. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I should just ask them out. maybe just as friends in the beginning. it wouldnt hurt to just try. :slight_smile: