1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She's my friend, but she's starting to get on my nerves

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by galaxygia, Apr 17, 2016.

1. galaxygia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't even know where to start on this.

I have a friend (C) who I have loved for a really long time (but that's not the point of this) and they have a girlfriend (S). Their girlfriend has been a close friend of mine for years. Bam, backstory completed.

So C and another friend of ours (M) had a very gay sleepover last night. C texted on a chat with my phone because they were too lazy to get their own phone and S asked why C was on my phone. I texted that C was at my house and then M texted on the chat that she was there too.

And then it started.

Literally, S tried to FaceTime us about twenty different times that evening. We accepted calls two times. She also texted all of us, practically begging for attention. I didn't tell my friends but it REALLY annoyed me.

She FaceTimed us while we were playing Never Have I Ever and begged to play a round with us. So we played a round. We then checked the time and told her that we were going to play another game that required people to be in the room. (I don't know if this was because she was annoying or because that was the plan, but she was annoying me so I was happy to go along with it)

Throughout the evening and up until like 12:30 am S relentlessly texted us. She would just send random messages for the sake of sending them. She went on a rant about how amazing the ocean was for no reason and she also went on a tangent about best friends.

Am I the one being judgmental and mean here or was she actually stepping over the line? She seemed really desperate for attention, as if she was jealous. Is it bad that I found this annoying and possibly problematic for C's relationship? (I am not letting my feelings color this, I am generally worried about S becoming controlling)

I honestly don't know what to think.

2. A Mindful Wolf

Sounds like C should have told S about what was happening? Can't really blame her for wondering...sounds like she was just trying to have a presence with all the random messaging...unless she was drunk/high.