1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never felt more alone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dasr, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Dasr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

I am in a group of 7 and sometimes 8 guys and when I am with them I feel so alone. They aren't bad guys, not at all, its just that all we do is joke around and I feel like if i was to talk about how i feel i'd just get made fun of. I live in Toronto and i've looked for drop-in mixers and stuff like that but there is just so much information i don't know where to start. All i want is someone to talk to.

2. Sek

Sek

Hey Dasr,

First of all, welcome to EC! Know that you've come to a good place if you need support and people similar to yourself to talk to.

You are in a point of your life that so many LGBT+ people have to go through, myself included. At your age it's usually the case that given the dependence on others we have, there's an inability to shift around to find a place of acceptance and honesty. I know that I was in exactly this place when I was 16.

If you need information, there's plenty available around on these forums and I'm sure any further information will be provided to you at your specific request.

Do you have any other friends or people you know that you could start to talk to? The best advice I have for you is to keep an open mind and open heart for new friends if the ones you have now make you feel lonely. You aren't stuck in your situation forever; keep this in mind, and in the mean time try your best to draw people into your life who are accepting and loving people.

If there's any other information or advice you need, feel free to contact me directly or post a reply here and I'll try my best to help you further.

All the best.
    SEK :thumbsup: