1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting involved with lgbtq community irl I'm kinda scared

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bassboss, Apr 17, 2016.

1. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For a while I basicly stayed in the closet/not in the closet wich was like people knew I was gay but I tried to avoid other lgbtq people and stay out of functions and after a while I basicly was that guy who no one knew much about all information about me was guesses and rumors and I stayed away from everyone that was when I had alot of problems that I faced alone and somethings I am still paying for but after coming out of the shadows a little while ago I perticapated in the day of silence where I met alot of nice people who were lgbt and learned about two other gay guys but I am scared I kinda liked being know but not then I would be safe from everything but nothing I did mattered I have put my foot in the door with the lgbt community in my school and due to how I usually act when I do something with my school or community I have ended up as the president of the soon to be gsa I have not connected with anyone who is lgbt and mostly have stayed on the outside but now I'm considering turning down the presidential position and going back to my old life I'm really confused and scared and I don't know what to do

2. gryf

Go for it it and be Pres.

You are starting to be OK with your identity. Run with it.

I'm just getting out and into the lgbt stuffs. I am happy to see you are making a positive change.

I say go, be there, be known. It's really hard for me and I'm sure it's hard for you, but, I also know you will be better off for doing this.

Good luck and I hope to hear you are president of the GSA. :slight_smile:

#2 gryf, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  3. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you now that I really think of it it would be good if I got involved with the gsa it would probubly help some people acept the lgbt community due to alot of other lgbtq kids not being liked that much. Most homophobs in my school know me and like me so if I stand up and help the other kids in the lgbtq community I hay be able to help with the homophobia anouther reason is because I saw some trans girl in the men's bathroom and then heard quote "get out of my damh bathroom you trans f*ggot" yea