1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need some advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ThatOneDude123, Apr 17, 2016.

1. ThatOneDude123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So I am gay and I need some help. I am 15 and I have a crush on this one dude, however I am unsure if he is gay. I am not that close with him, but whenever there is a project where he can choose partners, or anything that we can choose ppl in he wants to be with me. Also, one day he kissed me, for no reason just kissed my forehead then left the room. The other day he also asked me if i would like to go on a date, to ice skate. He also told me if randomly out of nowhere that if he were gay that he would want to date me. Thats most of the big details. Here are a few extra little things anyone reading should know. He currently has a girlfriend, they dont seem that close but idk. Also, I am not out to him or anyone that talks to him, so there is no way that he would know I am gay.

2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That sounds rather bizarre. Did he do those things jokingly?

3. ThatOneDude123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He never laughs after he does it so I am not sure... For that reason I don't think so, but I can not be sure.

4. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Would you feel comfortable about talking about this to him and perhaps tell him you are gay?

5. ThatOneDude123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know how I would tell him... I also feel like it would be very awkward.

6. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you asked him why he kissed you or said that if he were gay, he would date you? I think it's unusual for a totally straight kid to do anything like what he did with you (unless they were really cruel in trying to fool you). Have you tried coming out to other friends?

7. ThatOneDude123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haven't talked with him about that... No I haven't tried coming out to any other people, I haven't tried coming out, I just don't know how to do it without it being incredibly awkward. I don't think he would be that cruel but that could be me just being naive and childish.

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2016 at 10:04 PM ----------

To add to that, I think a lot of the fear comes from the fact that one kid came out in seventh grade and was constantly ridiculed for a whole month. However, it did stop.

8. DiamondLife2016

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should keep it simple, Just stay friends, and stay close if you want. Your young. I wouldn't go outting your self just yet. Let him come around. If you already know how you feel about your sexuality GREAT! But he may not. Dont pressure him into thinking he must be gay or that he needs to figure it all out now. Stay focused on school and let happen what happens.

9. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    sounds cute. He's probably bi/gay if you ask me. looking at the stuff he said and did, probably. I think he just assumes that youre gay, and gives you signs that he's into you. if youre not sure about him joking or not, you could just ask him to talk in private and just tell him something like: I'm getting the feeling youre interested in me. Im not sure if youre joking or not, but I just wanna know what your deal is. Maybe you could ask something like that? If he's serious and maybe tells he's into you, and you want to too, take it easy. youre pretty young so I wouldnt take it too seriously. He also just sounds like a nice dude. maybe just become close friends and see how it goes from there if youre still good friends after a year or two? idk just what i think
    hope this helped!

10. JiminyJordy

JiminyJordy Guest

Y'all are still at the experimenting age so use that to your advantage. I say give it a go if you can talk him into a date! Your crush is pretty ballsy for even verbalizing he would date you. Most 15-year-olds wouldn't be caught dead expressing themselves like that.

The situation with his girlfriend may be a facade. Perhaps he's going through the motions of typical teenage boys even though a girlfriend isn't what he truly wants. Kissing and flirting with you isn't a front--he's really into you. I'd pursue it.

11. ThatOneDude123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for all the responses. I am so thankful that you guys took the time to give me some advice.