1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do my friends suspect I'm a lesbian?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kate92, Apr 18, 2016.

1. kate92

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi everyone,

This is something I've come up against today for the umpteenth time and thought I'd ask your opinions!

I am not out (I'm 24 and single) and in the last year or so I've noticed that when friends ask me if I'm dating anyone, they'll say 'any boys or girls on the scene?' Or something to a similar effect.

Do you think it's safe for me to assume these friends are politely intimating that they're aware that I'm likely not straight?

I feel like I'm getting closer to coming out which I'm excited about but also scared!

Love to hear your thoughts.

Thank you!

Kate

#1 kate92, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  2. confusedbubble

They could of worked out that you aren't straight I know some of my work friends knew before I did which is kind of cool because it showed that they wanted to be my friend regardless of my sexuality.

Maybe you could come out to your best friend first and see how that goes before coming out to the rest of them

3. Hieron

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If they're your friends, they'll accept you no matter what's your orientation. In your place, I'd rather prefer telling them the truth, so there won't be any discussions like this in future, but only if you're ready to show your ''true face'' to world. If not, I'd rather suggest you not to think about this kind of stuff and try to forget it.
    Btw, before coming out, make sure you're ready for not only positive reactions- there may be bad ones too.
    Good luck :thumbsup:

#3 Hieron, Apr 18, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  4. DiamondLife2016

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would say dont drip chocolate chip!! If they are there now tossing out hints, I am sure they will still be there! :slight_smile: I would just randomly one day when they ask you again say "yea shes pretty hot too!" LOL and watch their reaction hahah(!)

5. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yeah thats kinda a way to say: I assume youre not straight, but idc. lol. My friends did it to me too. its nice because you can just say yes or no.
    about coming out: The first time can be really scary and awkward to say, but if you just begin with someone that youre really close with and trust, its not really a problem since they probably wouldd already know/assume. they wont be so surprised, looking at what they asked to you. so dont worry you'll be fine :grin:!

if you want more tips or advice or just a talk or whatever, feel free to post on my blog so we can talk :slight_smile:.