1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by mgntheunicorn, Apr 18, 2016.

1. mgntheunicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    :help:hi!
    My name is Megan, I am 16 years old and I live near bristol, england - this sounds like an interview!
    I dont have many friends but I have one friend who said to me the other day that she wanted a 'gay best friend' - she doesnt know im bisexual!

what do I do??!!

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I never liked that term as it sounds like a token item, like a purse or something that can be replaced. That said, if you feel comfortable coming out to her, that may help in the long run so she doesn't make it a big deal. But, don't feel obligated if she starts to pigeonhole you into gay stereotypes.

3. Hieron

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Completely agree with resu.
    If you truly want this, don't be afraid. If you're not sure what you want from this type of relationships- think again. I'd suggest you to wait and see what happens next in order to make things clearer. If you could describe ''your friend'' and by that I don't mean look, but your relationship status with her, then it would be easier us to answer.
    Good luck! :thumbsup:

4. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    do it only if youre comfortable. she may have said it, because she's trying to give signs to you that she's maybe suspecting you not being straight. She could also mean a male gay best friend. Ive heard about girls wanting to have male gay best friends, but still be weird about having a lesbian as a friend. I would watch out if youre not sure if she'll be supporting or not.
    good luck :slight_smile: