1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents and openions

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lawlight, Apr 19, 2016.

1. lawlight

How do y'all express views that are contrary to your parents' in a way that doesn't 'incriminate' you?
    Like, my parents basically dragged me into the trans bathroom debate, and their opinions were rather transphobic. And here I am trying to argue my point of view without basically outing myself and it's hard.
    Help?

2. TXTurbo90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to use others who were out that I knew/they knew and explain how that person doesn't deserve to be discriminated against because other people's ridiculous bias against them. turned the conversation into them having to back up their (asinine) viewpoints. Usually it would end in a stalemate, but they at least seem to have changed their opinions over time using this method. I am a very confrontational type of person when attacks on any type of human rights though, so it may not work for you.